myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Our dear friend Paul Mann is missing! Please help!!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico
View previous topic :: View next topic  
michaelgallag853

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 5:21 pm    Post subject: Paul Reply with quote

I have been out of the loop and I can not believe what I am hearing. I was not a close friend of Paul`s but I always enjoyed our chats about the markets and the world while hanging out at Crissy.
I am sorry that I could not have been at the beach last night.
My heart goes out to all those friends and family.
Godspeed Paul.

Michael Gallagher
theq

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mysterious, unfortunate, and upsetting, and I didn't even know Paul. I hope the heartfelt warmth of his buddies helps to comfort his family and friends. That was a beautiful beach tribute with the raising of the sails. Sad
edalunan

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RIP Paul. You will be missed by all. Always the burst of energy and lived life to the fullest doing what he loved. My deepest condolence to his family Sad

Edric
Chortlehead

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 7:57 pm    Post subject: Pauli Reply with quote

I'm stunned. How could this have happened? My sincere sympathies to Paul's family and friends.

RIP, Pauli. You will be missed.
bil7y

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 8:23 pm    Post subject: Smooth Sailing Paul Reply with quote

Smooth Sailing to you Paul.
windfind

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 8:29 pm    Post subject: I will take the time. Reply with quote

I never knew Paul. But I often saw him on my visits to Crissy, the most beautiful windsurfing site in the world. I was always too rushed to rig and set sail to the grandeur of the north tower. To rushed to take time to talk to the stranger with the wide grin. Now I am reminded of what a tiny community windsurfers are and how important it is to take the time to treat each other with respect and friendship.

We at iwindsurf.com feel privileged that we were asked to place the notices about Paul being missing on the Gorge forecast page. I wish there had been a different conclusion. I will take the time.

Mike
iwindsurf.com
gaoithe

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 8:50 pm    Post subject: rest in peace Pauli Reply with quote

Sitting here all day and I cannot concentrate, my mind keeps drifting back to all the great memories! Pauli’s passion for the sport, his enthusiasm for life makes it impossible for me to grasp that he will not be standing in his bin rinsing off by his car (that he only washed twice a year) with his big infectious grin, hurling abuse at the Irish guy for getting down to the beach late.

Sincere condolances to you Michelle and to Paul's family.

I miss you already!! You will be sailing with us forever, I know that is making you smile! Very Happy
RIP
Olan
hardy

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 11:51 pm    Post subject: A salute to Paul Reply with quote

In light of today's news, here are some pictures from last night. It was a really special tribute to Paul.
He will be missed by many.

Photos are here:
http://hardydanger.smugmug.com/gallery/8833091_3cFGw#585219106_b45eG

Aloha,
Hardy & Kimberly
kevinkan

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

truly shitty news. i've been thinking about it all day. not sure what to make of it. paul was a great guy, and one of my first memories of him was sharing some prosciutto and cheese w/ him at Crissy.
https://www.instagram.com/sunsetsailboards
http://www.facebook.com/sunsetsailboards
melmunson

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did not know Paul, but I still feel a great sense of loss as so well expressed by his family and friends. Rest in peace, Paul.

Please forgive me if this is a bad time to ask, although it may never be a good time, but has it been determined what actually happened? I've searched through local (HR, Portland) media but there's been no mention.

There may be something to be learned here, to help others avoid such a tragedy, which is why I ask.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: