myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
15 TIPS 2 THE FORWARD LOOP by WYATT CLINIC 7/18
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wyattmiller

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 11:15 pm    Post subject: 15 TIPS 2 THE FORWARD LOOP by WYATT CLINIC 7/18 Reply with quote

Windsurfers, Summer is in full effect, and it is time to start setting those season goals before October bears down on us once again!! I will be around the Gorge until September and it would be great to see some people blowing up on every reach along with me. Here goes a starter…..

Look for: 10 tips to the Shuv-It coming soon…..

15 TIPS FOR THE FORWARD LOOP

Getting Started:

1. Get a group of friends all at around the same level, Have every one throw in $100 bucks.
a. The first person who waterstarts out of a loop, with their feet in the straps, wins the pot.
(Another member of the loop group must witness the loop into waterstart)

2. Purchase a: helmet, impact vest, earplugs, lucky rabbits foot, four-leaf clover, H20 Audio Mp3 Case….. anything to make you feel more confident. (90% guts 10% skill)

3. Talk to someone who can loop.
(see Wyatt Miller Windsurfing Clinic plug below)

On the Water:

4. Practice flinging yourself over the handle bars, NO FOOTSTRAPS, NO HARNESS, WITH BOARD GOING 0 MPH DEAD IN THE WATER!!)

5. Do above 20 more times.

6. Practice jumping upwind, baring off as much as possible in the air, landing downwind. (Extend your front arm in the air and point your toes.)

7. Convince yourself that it is better to do a forward loop off of a Small piece of chop, off the wind.
Realize, initiating a forward loop from a jump into the wind will not work. (Unless you bare off significantly while in the air). Understand, that you do not have to get mast high in the air!, You do not even have to clear the nose of the board.
8. Put on your new waterproof ipod case and headphones, listen to charged music. (90% guts, 10% skill)
9. Wedge your feet in the straps.
10. Sail across the wind with your back hand soooooo far back on the boom. Soooooooooo far back that it feels as if you can not sheet in normally!!!

11. Jump FIRST,
Bare off the wind Second, (By extending front hand as high and as far downwind as possible and pointing toes like ballerina.)
Loop Third (By sheeting in, looking back, and trying to bite your knuckles on your back hand.)

12. Close your eyes, hold on, keep trying to bite your knuckles.

13. Hope one of the other people in your group are watching you.

14. Don’t just do it once a day, go for it 20 times on your first day. Otherwise the fear creeps back. (Also maybe no one saw it = no money/bragging rights!!)

15. Email Wyatt about his LOOPING & FREESYLE CLINIC in the Gorge this summer!! wyattmiller525@gmail.com
[/b]

[/b]

20 BY RHALLMAN 0156.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  276.6 KB
 Viewed:  16383 Time(s)

20 BY RHALLMAN 0156.jpg

Last edited by wyattmiller on Wed Jul 15, 2009 5:06 pm; edited 2 times in total
wyattmiller

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Intro to Looping, Trick Jibes and Freestyle Clinic
@ The Hood River Marina (Meet at Brian's Windsurfing)

Saturday July 18th!!!

$75 Includes Lunch and Beverages
[/size]

Event: Join Pro-Rider Wyatt Miller at the Hood River Marina for a Freestyle Clinic. In the clinic you will learn the fundamentals of freestyle riding. Moves like forward loops, sail 360’s, duck tacks, clew first riding, heli-tacks and more will be discussed. Take advantage of instruction from a professional freestyler and give your sessions new energy!

Wyatt is the 2007 Gorge Freestyle Champion. Sponsored by: Naish Boards and Sails, Dakine, Pro-Limit wetsuits, Mean Line fins, Kaenon Polarized and H2O Audio Mp3. Wyatt currently sails full-time in Maui, the Gorge, and the Bay Area. Check out wyattmillerwindsurfing.com for more info.

What to Bring: You should bring the gear you would normally sail on. We will meet at the Hood River Marina for the on land portion and then move to a windy location for the on water protion

Schedule: 11:00-12:30 On-land training and longboard discussion.
12:30-1:00 Lunch Break.
1:00-2:00 On-land training discussing shortboard maneuvering.
2:00-5:00 On-water instruction session w/ shortboard.

Call or email Wyatt Miller to sign up. Space is limited. You must reserve your spot in advance.
Email Wyattmiller525@gmail.com or call 510-375-1934 to sign up.

All Levels Welcome, We will go over everything from Duck Jibes and Carving 360's to Loops and Shuv-Its

[/b][u[/u]
PoorBoyUS22

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

so if i end up biting my knuckles of my back hand, do i have to worry about losing any teeth? or a knuckle for that matter?

and are you sure that is a loop you are doing in that picture?
wyattmiller

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alll right all right you got me its not a forward loop in the photo its a push loop
but I did not have any photos of forward loops because they look lame in photos.

You got me.
PoorBoyUS22

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

and little B wants to know if he should be worried about looking like a ballerina Embarassed while trying to learn how to loop like Wyatt Miller
jsampiero

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you wanna trick like Millertime, you've got to remember to point at the camera. Or - stick your tongue out.

IMG_6606.gif
 Description:
 Filesize:  294.69 KB
 Viewed:  16268 Time(s)

IMG_6606.gif

rationalnational

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

josh publish a "current" photo of the man ffs..... Smile)
jsampiero

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i know Sad i don't have any current photos of him as I haven't been to the Gorge this year Sad

actually, there IS a current photo of him in the current issue hitting the stands right now Smile
wyattmiller

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sticking your tongue out and pointing at the camera will not be covered in the clinic.

Those are signature moves fully copywritten with millertime industries!!!

So are the squirrel cheeks.
PoorBoyUS22

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i would be happy to leave the squirrel cheeks and finger pointing to you millertime. you and only you. Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: