myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
light wind freestyle session at The Hook

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tmayer_h2o

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 8:14 am    Post subject: light wind freestyle session at The Hook Reply with quote

CGWA invites everyone (kids and grown-ups) to a light wind freestyle session at the Hook this Wed nite. Learning tricks in light wind is an excellent way to get into more advanced freestyle. It also means less sitting on the beach, waiting for wind. (check out the Bonair kids doing light-wind freestyle on youtube). We can try all those moves that Andy Brant will undoubtedly be talking about at his FREE Clinic tonight at the Event Site.

We'll meet at the CGWA sheds about 4 or 430. Any wind works - there's usually enough for something. You want small sails and big boards. If you don't have a big board, you can use one of the kid's big boards (CGWA has about 10). We'll fire up the BBQ down there and put some dogs or burgers on. Bring something to grill and your own beverage. Rumour has it that Andy Brandt will be showing up to sail with us.
bobgatpdx1

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Tim,
Sounds like fun - I'll bring my Bic Nova along on Weds.
BobG
tmayer_h2o

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 10:50 am    Post subject: lite wind freeestyle session Reply with quote

We'll go ahead with the light wind session tonight despite the weather this morning. (I wonder if it would have been this windy if we'd scheduled a looping clinic at the Hook tonight instead?) Anyway, it usually calms down at the Hook late afternoons, even on really big days. And the light wind stuff is defined as much by the equipment (big boards, little sails) as the wind.
tmayer_h2o

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, it's 300 pm - I'm looking at the gradient today and the graphs and the wind outside my window and I'm thinking tonight will be too crazy. How about we try for another night instead? Seems like this weekend will have some hot, still afternoons with thermals.
bobgatpdx1

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was PLANING on my huge Bic Nova inside the Hook with a 3.7m sail. Definitely too windy today - though I tried!

Typical fickle wind gods - if you need a lot of wind, then it's light. If you'd like some light wind - then it blows like stink. I guess we should wish for light winds more often!
bobg
SamD0g

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right now it looks like a lite wind evening. Or perhaps a no wind one (sigh).
tmayer_h2o

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok, so far today (saturday) is looking like the perfect lite wind freestyle afternoon. i'll be down there about 230 or 300, maybe with my daughter, although she's still recovering from the county fair yesterday. that ought to give everyone time to finish gardening, mtn biking, berry picking, and whatever other windusrfing alternatives you have. you'll find me around the cgwa shed or out on the water.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: