myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico
View previous topic :: View next topic  
1956kiteboarder

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 11:07 am    Post subject: ! Reply with quote

Laughing

Last edited by 1956kiteboarder on Tue Jul 21, 2009 1:05 pm; edited 3 times in total
tstizzle

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah! let's take away one more place for the thousands of dogs in SF to roam off leash. better yet, let's euthanize all of them! even though there's more dogs than kids in SF....
f4tq

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 12:17 pm    Post subject: re: Crissy Field SF Dog Issues Reply with quote

Not a dog fan, eh?! Urinating on your gear? Really? Pit Bulls off leash at Crissy Field? Never seen that but I suppose it can happen. So can kiters dropping kites on peoples heads: I've witnessed that. Kiters being rescued repeatedly by the Coast Guard: Seen tons of that. Who pays for that? Should we seek to ban kiters?

Windsurfing/Kiters occupy Crissy Field perhaps 10% of a day from April-Sept. Dogs and their owners are there 365 days/100% of a day.

Please take this post with the grain of salt it deserves. Crissy Field is for everyone, not just windsurfers and kiters.
victor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

what was the horse doing at crissy? was it in the bathroom off leash?
chriswallace

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 12:54 pm    Post subject: Dogs on Leash!!1 Reply with quote

I'm all for mixed use for everyone and everything, but with some common sense. Ideally, I like having dogs on a leash in the crowded area of Crissy Field. It just makes sense. What I don't appreciate is when someone just lets their dog go wander everywhere, off leash, while they are out doing their activity(what ever that might be). I feel the same way about parents who let their way too young kids roam at will.

And if your opinion is to let them free roam, then don't bitch about the consequences if they cause trouble. You are responsible for their actions!
I don't care if my gear is going into the bay...if a dog pisses on my equipment, I'm going to chase him off. If he acts agressively (which I honestly have not ever seen at Crissy)...well animal control might take your dog away. Use your head!
Cw
windbetty

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

at least you don't find dirty diapers like we sometimes do in alameda where no dogs are allowed on the beach.

It is a nice perk for dogs to be free at Crissy....but if anyone does not pick up after their dog, or let's their dog run free and it goes #1 on your gear, you should approach them about that for sure. I keep mine on a leash most of the time as she is too obsessed with food and would go after all the innocent picnickers.

I think the park staff rides horses...and they usually don't clean up their stuff (although i think it is organic and good as a fertilizer).
victor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

there actually is a leash law at crissy. it's just not enforced.
rigatoni

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dogs are off leash at Crissy because the deep pocketed people who live nearby sued the NPS to maintain a situation down there with no rules at all. They are in the middle of a 3-4 year process of developing new rules. The process has gone on so long because the dog owners have tried to obstruct and delay the process as much as possible rather than to find some common ground with the other users of the park.

In the land of me (California) no one seems to like to "play well with others" There should be sections of Crissy Field to allow dogs to roam off leash. There should be portions of Crissy Field where people can go and not have to deal with dogs. Letting your dog run off leash in the parking lot or the picnic area is just plain irresponsible and selfish.
jp5

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jccormier wrote:
at least you don't find dirty diapers like we sometimes do in alameda...

Same for lake Isabella.
faradroka1

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wayne Blasingame, man's best friend
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: