myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Hatch parking rant
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada
View previous topic :: View next topic  
boggsman1

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Jota.... I told the Mrs. I want to move to HR, she asked"what are you going to do for work". All I could come up with was bus boy at Full Sail, or maybe cutting new MTB trails . What do people do to pay the bills in the Gorge?
Boggsman
pablomerc

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

boggsman1 wrote:
What do people do to pay the bills in the Gorge?
Boggsman

Hey Boggsman, the key is to have NO BILLS - instead, try this ...
http://men.style.com/details/features/landing?id=content_9817&
SamD0g

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Smells like it" are the key words here, I think. Anybody who says money can't buy happiness doesn't know where to shop. Laughing Laughing
jota

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

boggsman1 wrote:
What do people do to pay the bills in the Gorge?
Boggsman

Male Stripper . . . excuse me . . . "exotic dancer" (the difference being that I leave the pasties on). Available for birthdays and bachelorette parties. Not too much work here in HR but creative advertising can land gigs in Bingen, CL and even Wishram. Not that I'm looking for competition.
SamD0g

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seriously. I did a mental survey of all my friends and this is what we do. 1. Work in health care; lots of nurses, doctors, administrators, acupuncturists, shrinks, social workers. 2. Building and remodeling. 3. Managing and owning rental properties here and elsewhere, vacation rentals etc. 4. Work for Insitu. 5. Be a computer geek, software engineer, maintain servers. 6.Kite or Windsurf pro 7. Retired old fart 8. Trust funder 9. Teacher or sub. 10. Sports industry worker or owner.
johnl

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

boggsman1 wrote:
Hey Jota.... I told the Mrs. I want to move to HR, she asked"what are you going to do for work". All I could come up with was bus boy at Full Sail, or maybe
cutting new MTB trails . What do people do to pay the bills in the Gorge?
Boggsman

You can do what I'm doing .... RETIRE! Well at least next year Smile But I bought my house already so I'm set. Been up here visiting 3 weeks so far and only missed 2 days of sailing. But this heat wave is putting a damper on my last week.....
pacspeed

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boggs: Having just moved to Marin after 10 years in Hood River, I can tell you with dead certainty that the grass is ALWAYS greener. Wherever you are, if you have to work and make a life, the shine comes off the chrome pretty damn quick.

In Hood River, its the 9 month winters that did us in. Here in San Anselmo, it'll be the pretentious yuppies.

Whaddya gonna do? Keep on sailin.
boggsman1

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PacSpeed Johnl I hear ya both loud and clear. Johnl , Im 43 with lots of bubble debt, so I cant quite retire yet, Im envious . PacSpeed, I m with you on the Winters thing in HR. Im wondering what the mood would be like on a cold rainy November evening walking around in HR. When I got back to Marin on Saturday after a ripping week in the Gorge, I was overwhelmed by the Marin wingnut yuppie impact. So yeah, after a dream week in the Gorge, my blood was pumping the same way I feel after a week in Maui. I guess Ill just go back to work, oh well.
Boggsman
johnl

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

boggsman1 wrote:
PacSpeed Johnl I hear ya both loud and clear. Johnl , Im 43 with lots of bubble debt, so I cant quite retire yet, Im envious . PacSpeed, I m with you on the Winters thing in HR. Im wondering what the mood would be like on a cold rainy November evening walking around in HR. When I got back to Marin on Saturday after a ripping week in the Gorge, I was overwhelmed by the Marin wingnut yuppie impact. So yeah, after a dream week in the Gorge, my blood was pumping the same way I feel after a week in Maui. I guess Ill just go back to work, oh well.
Boggsman

Boggs, I've got 12 years on you and it took me this long Smile (and I still have 1 year to go before I move) BUT while sitting up here in 100 degree weather and no wind it sucks looking at the Sherman Island sensor blowing 23mph.......

I have a feeling that during the early spring I'll be doing road trips to California Smile

But it is nice to be away from the cold dying winds at Berkeley....
WMP

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pacspeed wrote:
the grass is ALWAYS greener.

Got plenty of GREEN grass here on my property including free weeds with lots of colorful flowers. I park on it all the time next to my teepee for my endless pow wow. It's not the most perfect lawn in the world.... just the way nature created it.

pacspeed wrote:

In Hood River, its the 9 month winters that did us in.

Don't know how you figure 9 months of winter here. Plenty warm weather April through October.... winter generally stays mild around 50* except when the one or two arctic fronts drop down from Canada.... with any luck the temp then drops down to single digits with some moisture for awesome Gorge champaign powder skiing. Indeed, there's endless opportunity for other outdoor sports here in winter.... can't beat that. Sure, we could do without March, but that's the only month I would delete.

- WMP
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 6 of 8

Jump to: