myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Easterlies in July? 105 degrees in Portland?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CUSalin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 2:20 pm    Post subject: Easterlies in July? 105 degrees in Portland? Reply with quote

Those disputing climate change should take note. I'm grouchy!

CU Sweatin'

iacmoderator

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 3:30 pm    Post subject: It's called Summer Reply with quote

There is a phenomenon called seasons. In the summer it is hot. In the winter it is cold. Believe me, this phenomenon has existed for a very long time. My SUV has nothing to do with it.
isobars

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What I can't believe is what I'm hearing on the national news: There are homeowners in Seattle and Portland who don't have AC. The dang things cost less than a freaking iPod ... far less than these same people are spending on motel rooms to escape the heat. Ya drive to Home Depot, put one under your arm, take it home, shove it into any window, plug it into the 110V socket, and ... violins ... one cool room the size of ... ta daaaaa ... that motel room. Does anyone think I keep my bedroom cold all summer with central air?

HELLO! Anyone home? Wink

Mike \m/
wmike

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

National news is behind the times. What the local stations are saying is that all the air conditioners and fans are sold out. I fished the the White Salmon river yesterday in a float tube but that was to hot I will not fish until the weather cools off. Lots of Parking at the Hatch this week.
CUSalin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who cares about air conditioners, is there a machine that can make The West Wind blow?
isobars

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

whitesalmonmike wrote:
all the air conditioners and fans are sold out

Well ... DUH! Wink

Ya don't buy stocks when the Dow is at 14,000, ya don't go Christmas shopping after Valentine's Day, and ya don't buy fans and ACs in July.

Mike \m/
WMP

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CUSalin wrote:
Who cares about air conditioners, is there a machine that can make The West Wind blow?

Well, we just need to post 'No Parking !!' signs out in the Pacific Ocean for these pesky meandering lows. Fact, why don't we threaten these meandering lows with a lawsuit for loitering?
creekkid5

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I windsurf between The Hook and the island. What other options are there for me when the west wind shuts down like it has this weeK? I live in Beaverton and am an intermediate windsurfer, unable to waterstart yet, and am looking for a safe place to go that is closer than Floras Lake. Any suggestions? Thanks!
isobars

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup: take a waterstarting lesson. A good, reliable waterstart opens up the Gorge (and any other bumpy venue) like no other skill. It is THE most useful, empowering, hike-saving, potentially life-saving skill in all of windsurfing, and is far, FAR more accessible to an intermediate than a planing jibe -- a nice trick but by no means actually important.

Mike \m/
pdk

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 9:48 am    Post subject: Beautiful Stevenson...again Reply with quote

Let's hit the EASTERLIES in Stevenson again today (Thurs)! Yesterday was a blast with so many people out.
Cheers,
Pete DeKay
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: