myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Beachside accomdations North Shore Maui

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Industry News & Promotions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
maui.windsurf

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 8:48 pm    Post subject: Beachside accomdations North Shore Maui Reply with quote

This may seem a little off topic, but a good friend of mine who sails Block Island every weekend said this would be perfect for New England sailors who want to escape the chill of the fall for some great waves and wind.

I used to sail at Kalmus and New Hampshire from 1990-1992, but I left in 1993 to the SF Bay Area.

Let me cut to the chase.

I'm almost done with building a 8500 sq foot house on the north shore of Maui where I'll be applying for a B&B permit. There's excellent kiting, windsurfing, SUP'ing, surfing, etc. with a sandy beach only 20 feet from the property's edge, and room on the property to keep your gear rigged. Kite beach is a short drive away and there's a good launch right at the property as well. The house sits on a 2 acre lot surrounded by many lush tropical trees. There's an abundance of tropical fruits growing there too.

I've got plenty of gear storage space. Everything will be first class, like storage for rigged sails, LCD and Plasma home theater systems, soundproof walls and floors, fine beds, nice tile, granite, maple, etc. We've even got toys for toddlers.

I'm looking to build a regular clientele of water sports lovers to share this gorgeous spot with me.

Myself? After sailing the northeast, I used to live a few blocks from Crissy Field in SF from 1994 to 2005, and was a regular sailor at Crissy, Rio, Coyote, and 3rd. Many of you reading this probably know who I am. I even used to do live on-site wind reports for the original Call of the Wind back in the 90's. I used to be very active in course racing in SF (Cal Cup and Friday Night Series). I used to kite at 3rd and Crissy (having once got dragged under the 3rd bridge with a kite!).

I first came to Maui in 1995 and fell in love with the place the first time I sailed without a wetsuit. Maui's a bit like San Francisco, in that you never stop discovering new things to do, and the beauty is stupendous. I bought 2 acres next to the beach in 2000, and I've been working on my project ever since.

Please reply to this posting (click on PM button on this posting) with a bit about yourself (preferably an e-mail), and I'll send you pictures, maps, proposed rates, etc. Hopefully, our County of Maui hearing will be soon and we'll then be open.

Aloha.

Last edited by maui.windsurf on Sat Sep 04, 2010 5:58 pm; edited 2 times in total
blockidog

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 6:14 am    Post subject: North Shore Maui Reply with quote

I haven't been to your place since '05. The location is ideal and from the description of you new house, it will be the best place to stay on the NE side of Maui.

I hope to make it out this fall...
blockidog

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 6:20 am    Post subject: North Shore Maui Reply with quote

I haven't been to your place since '05. The site is ideal for all the reasons you've listed. With the new home completed, it will be the nicest place to stay on the NE side of Maui.

Congrats and I look forward to seeing you this Fall!
wyattmiller

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sooo Stoked the project is almost done. Way to go!!!!!

This is really one of the best Sail In Sail Out locations on Maui.

I plan to be running clinics from the property in the near future.

It seems like when ever I talk to folks who visit Maui everyone complains about the lack of beachfront windsurf vacation rentals on the North Shore.

This place is just what we need.

It is so nice to be able to keep your gear rigged and have the option of making a quick dash across the beach for a beer or a bite to eat.

And for clinics we could quickly review video footage and get back on the water.

I highly recommend this location for anyone looking for a Maui Windsurf Vacation!!!

And I can't wait to go check it out myself after Baja.
blockidog

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

J-

when you get a chance - POST SOME IMAGES!!
JFred

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Dog...I thought you were working. Cool
maui.windsurf

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 1:12 pm    Post subject: Images of the beachside b&b Reply with quote

Aloha blockidog!

If anybody wants more pictures of the house, they can send me a "private message" or send me an e-mail to maui.windsurf at gmail.com.

Aloha.
maui.windsurf

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 3:32 pm    Post subject: Super fall deals for kiting, surfing, sup'ing on Maui Reply with quote

If you're thinking of visiting Maui, please send me a message. We're almost done with the new accommodations, and, in order to get the word out ASAP, we're offering amazing deals for folks to stay in the brand new house on the North Shore of Maui, with beach access right behind the house. The location is prime, as it's in Spreckelsville. Additionally, the construction is first class.

So, if you're thinking of getting away sometime soon, definitely contact me.

Aloha.

P.S. -- The SUP'ing was fabulous last night right behind the house!

Last edited by maui.windsurf on Sat Sep 04, 2010 5:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
justingordon

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 2:06 am    Post subject: B&B website Reply with quote

Here's the website of the B&B in the permitting process:
http://www.sugarranchmaui.com.

Please contact me for more information.

Justin
justingordon@yahoo.com
808 281 7272
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Industry News & Promotions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: