myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Introducing Hurricane Bill!
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Eastern and Central USA & Canada
View previous topic :: View next topic  
btbill

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 12:09 pm    Post subject: Introducing Hurricane Bill! Reply with quote

Looks like H Bill is out there, and the track looks great for remaining well offshore and only throwing us swell along the USA East Coast!! Very Happy Very Happy

Definitely will be excellent for surfing, and perhaps wavesailing if we get some frontal wind along the OBX!!

stay tuned!

Bill
www.obxbeachlife.com
PeconicPuffin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 8:07 am    Post subject: Re: Introducing Hurricane Bill! Reply with quote

The proud papa posts! I hope your namesake storm makes you (and all of us) happy!

btbill wrote:
Looks like H Bill is out there, and the track looks great for remaining well offshore and only throwing us swell along the USA East Coast!! Very Happy Very Happy

Definitely will be excellent for surfing, and perhaps wavesailing if we get some frontal wind along the OBX!!

stay tuned!

Bill
www.obxbeachlife.com

paulch

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm really hoping that we get good conditions on cape cod. Right now they're calling for double to triple overhead waves. Hopefully we get decent wind.
sailingjoe

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 5:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It won't be a wind event.
btbill

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like Friday will be the day for OBX wavesailing with the approaching swell from H Bill. Pre-frontal SW winds forecast for the low to mid 20s should provide perfect side off conditions along all the east facing OBX beaches! Coupled with H Bill's long period swell, we should have some excellent outside sandbar long line breaking surf in the chest to head+ high range on Friday?! Very Happy Very Happy

Saturday, and Sunday may be epic for surfing with big 10ft+ glassy conditions given the light W wind weekend forecast!

If you want to wave sail though...call in sick now, and drive to the OBX!! This afternoon, SW in the low 20s is in the forecast as well!! Last night, we had mid-20mph wind in the early evening, however the swell from H Bill was not here yet.

Should be some fun wavesailing over the next two days!! Then the BIG surf conditions for the weekend!

If you cant make it, stay tuned for the reports at:
www.obxbeachlife.com
www.lostinhatteras.com

Bill
outcast

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll give the nod to the OBX for tommorow....we will have wind to get out but not jumping.

Saturday Sunday should be "killer"....hopefully not, but seems likely....a summer weekend....someone will get pounded.

We will find enough to do around here, but you guys have a ball! and take some pics!

DrWind

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 12:24 pm    Post subject: Hurricane Bill Reply with quote

To me the one and only place to catch Bill in its fury will be Chatham Light. Been thinking of driving during the night to reach there before dawn, but Bill is moving so fast that I am afraid the winds will be gone before I even get out on the water. Also I have never been there before and I have heard the currents out at Nauset inlet are ferocious, never mind the hurricane swells.

Anyone planning to be there? I do not want to take the 3 hour trip to sail solo.

Lars
iceratz@comcast.net

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd be interested in knowing if anyone is planning to sail the new north cut from Scatterie Beach or Cow Yard in Chatham. (?)
I took my boat out there a few weeks ago and saw incredible potential.

BTW: Low tide is at around 9:30, incoming all day, so its relatively safe...sort-of speak...
fishinator

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 2:22 pm    Post subject: Cape Cod Reply with quote

Hey Lars,
I was considering making the near 10hr drive from Kingston, ON, but bailing cuz that is simply too far for me at the moment, with no good idea of what is going to happen there.
Anyway, I'm not too familiar with that area, but I presume the only Chatham lighthouse is in Cape Cod. A number of Montrealers are heading out there, so you probably would not be alone. If you are looking to hook up with others, check this thread and give JF Lemay a ring:
http://quebecwind.com/index.php?showtopic=5253
A friendly and fun bunch of guys.

Cheers, and good luck!
Fish
scooper

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was considering Scatteree but the forecast is still very changeable. I'll have to wait and see. I'll only go into the new cut on an incoming tide, (but the timing looks good), and I won't go out if it's too big. If the waves are approaching mast high or more I'll have to think hard about whether It would be safe out there for me. It's a very isolated spot, pretty hard core, not to mention the recent Great White activity. It could be incredible though...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Eastern and Central USA & Canada All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: