myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Padded spreader bar ???

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
windswell

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:29 pm    Post subject: Padded spreader bar ??? Reply with quote

I just got a new Dakine T8 harness. It has a padded spreader bar and I can see no good use for the padding. The bar is snug enough that it doesn't ride up and hit me in the chest and the padding prevents the bar from sliding as easily back and forth. Plus I can't look down and see what's happening , because the padding obscures my vision. What is the advantage of a padded spreader bar? At the moment I've swapped in my old spreader bar from my old thermoform harness.
manuel

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe the padding gives a more direct connection and less pressure points. My ION harness hook snapped after more or less a year of use! Therefore, I'm now back onto my Dakine Thermoform.

I removed the "power belts" and folded them inside the back of the harness to fit around my lower back and provide a more ergonomic support. The regular belt I hardly tighten and sliced it up so I can put a piece of velcro to hold the strap from the bar. Now it all stays put and had a near-padding-like connection, the bar can still slide which is a nice feature.

I did like the very direct feel from the ION harness and it would twist to the side enough for me not to miss the sliding bar. However, I do like the inexpensive bar and bar strap replacements. Dakine bar seems to last a long time.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: