myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Here it comes
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jesusjones

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 3:25 pm    Post subject: Here it comes Reply with quote

Here comes the front, Jones beach ramping up! Get ready for some good stuff at the Wall, Roosevelt, and Three Mile tomorrow. Very Happy
gmclean

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad to someone is paying attention Very Happy Interesting to see 17mph and Jones from the west while Stevenson is 17 from the west. Maybe we will get enough for an evening session central gorge.
kokokahi

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gmclean wrote:
Glad to someone is paying attention Very Happy Interesting to see 17mph and Jones from the west while Stevenson is 17 from the west. Maybe we will get enough for an evening session central gorge.

I think you mean East at Steve George. Actually, a couple of weeks ago, it was whitecapping west at Multnomah Falls almost all the way to Bonneville and blowing east over 20 at Steve.
jesusjones

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GM; I know you meant Stevenson E at 17. Anyway, high clouds starting to show in PDX, so it’s on in the morning.
bmmiller

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Notice also that the Portland to the Dalles gradient is onshore at 0.03" now. So, the easterlies at Stevenson are soon to switch westerly. I doubt it's enough for solid winds in the late afternoon. But it should be on tomorrow.
gmclean

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kokokahi wrote:

I think you mean East at Steve George.

Ooops! thanks for catching the typo. It is fun watching the transition to west wind especially when it turns fast.
mccoyms

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jones Beach was pretty nice this afternoon, but I was the only windsurfer out there. There were only 2 kites. I was on a 5.0 and a 5.5.
kmarasco

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gmclean wrote:

Once while sailing easterlies at Stevenson, the wind went fluky. 30 minutes later we were sailing westerlies.
Bret

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thank I windsurf for a bad reports at Jones. The wind is always stronger than the sensor. This summer has been so great there! Sand blowing on the beach, over powered, smoking days in June, July (FAT day july 30th 4.0 big rolling waves) and August has been great. I missed a great day today Mad
isobars

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup ... Jones can rip, especially this time of the year. But have its infamous problems let up in recent years? Is camping overnight safe again? Gunfire? Eye/ear/throat infections? Those things have kept everyone I've asked face-to-face away since way last century.

Mike \m/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: