myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Event Site "safe" zone
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada
View previous topic :: View next topic  
alcor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THIS IS A GENERAL WARNING TO YOU ALL.

I WILL CONTINUE MY HERO GYBES REGARDLESS OF THE CGWA RULES, FOR WE LIVE IN THE LAND OF THE FREE - HOME OF THE BRAVE.

YOU WOULD BEST ALL GET THE HELL OUT OF MY WAY AND START ADMIRING ME IN MY OLD AGE.

YOU TOO; 'NO-GYBE-YET BRET'!
Bret

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 4:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alcor,

Yes I Jibe! Again! this is not a Hero thing, sorry. It's motion! You will not be in your little world when you want to jibe because it will be covered in SAND.
gorgeview

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 1:23 pm    Post subject: Event site safe zone Reply with quote

City and Port properties DO have and Enforce rules or are also free to close it off, so let's hope even alcor figures that out.(Alcor?)

The Event site rules and Map are posted the Ports website.

http://www.portofhoodriver.com/PDFs/Water%20Safety%20Brochure%20Eagle%20Project%202007.

"Message from the Port
The 2009 recreational season is here and the Delta Management Plan is still in effect. Safety Zone Signage is posted at all sites. Please respect the Safe Zone at the Event Site/Spit area.

We encourage people to use the beach areas but advise caution at all times with the ever-changing swift currents, steep drop-offs, and fluctuating water levels in the Delta area. Be safe - and respectful to all of our many users at the waterfront.
Fr. Micheal McELWEE, Executive Director Port of Hood River"[/url]
Swellride

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 1:24 pm    Post subject: The Sandbar Is a GIFT! Reply with quote

The Sandbar Is a GIFT!

Let’s GET IT RIGHT next spring.

The sandbar “was” a 35 acre “OPEN SPACE PARK”. This gift from Mount Hood was delivered FREE of charge overnight via the Hood River.

What does it take to preserve open space for the public; whether in town or of the vast vistas in the jewel of the Northwest? Let’s see this level of action from our stupid-human political wrangling.

BURNING of drift wood, roots and other sand stabilizing material is a short sighted mistake. Moved strategically these massive stabilizing elements could be placed to control and preserve this “park” while reducing woody dangers to human users.

Spring run-off material placed far down wind along the river edge could provide waterway stability, sanctuary to birds as well as blessed-out non surf-type humans.

This is not brain surgery.

Let’s get it right next spring.
dude,bro,man

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alcod
you sound like you know what your
talking about NOT

some people just need alittle help
or alot

well later Alcod bro
peacock1

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 2:20 pm    Post subject: Rules for safe "play" Reply with quote

A big job for sure to Police the "Event site" location.... So good luck...... I observe that those of us who believe in rules try to abide by the posted sinage. However there will always be those who stretch the rope...
I happend to be at Rufus last weekend when I saw this female kiter "dragging " by me about 110 feet away, similar to the incident that happened to me and a friend a couple years ago at the same spot at Rufus... Poor thing, she really cleared a lot of land. Why do people insist on launching a kite 100 feet from the water where there are children playing, people walking and yes motor homes in the way of a safe launch. I'd suggest leaving the rock distribution at Rufus to the Core Of Engineers, not to human body forms. A bit of a stupid move .... Then again maybe I need to stay away from the "rock pile" at Rufus cause it will happen again I'm sure.
alcor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NOTUFACIAPLANTEAUX (WISHRAM INDIAN MEANING 'NO-GYBE-YET-BRET'):

DID YOU VIDEO YOUR GYBE? CAN WE SEE IT?

AS I MENTIONED, I WILL CONTINUE TO GYBE WITH IMPUNITY.

IF THE SIGN SAY 'NO GYBE', I WILL DO LITTLE PLANING HALF-GYBE STOPS LIKE BRIAN AND ME LAST NIGHT AT 6pm RIGHT AT BEACH. WORKS FOR ME. OBVIOUS I COULD HERO GYBE RIGHT THERE BUT CHOOSE NOT TO.

SHOW OFF FOR NOTUFACIAPLANTEAUX AND WEEKEND WARRIORS.

USE LITTLE CAM OF YOURS, NOTUFACIAPLANTEAUX, IF YOU LIKE. SEE HOW IT IS DONE.
Bret

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 3:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gary (Alcor) Yeah I will see you on the beach.
tetiaroaxx

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 3:18 pm    Post subject: GORGE GUIDE - THE SANDBAR Reply with quote

Smile

Last edited by tetiaroaxx on Thu Apr 17, 2014 4:08 pm; edited 2 times in total
tetiaroaxx

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 10:01 pm    Post subject: GORGE GUIDE TO BEATING GEEZERS Reply with quote

Smile

2001 An Event Site Odyssey.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  116.91 KB
 Viewed:  18107 Time(s)

2001 An Event Site Odyssey.jpg

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: