myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
best weed fin?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Eastern and Central USA & Canada
View previous topic :: View next topic  
letsrig

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had both G-Sport and True Ames and my favorite is the True Ames. I run the 11" with my 6.5 and can stay upwind all day long.

I've got the G-sport Weed Waves now but for a good blade I really like the True Ames Blade Weed.

sailingjoe

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kraeva, if you use a weeder often, you won't notice their drawbacks as much. It's really when you switch over to a regularly shaped fin that you understand how much better they can be doing various things. The same goes for weedy conditions. There are many airheads on the internet, young and uneducated, who think they know it all, have strong opinions and will post quickly with no consideration, thought or contemplation. When it comes to weed, I had no idea how thick they can be until I started reading about the conditions in South Texas. I do know how thick many people can be, though, because I have had a lot of experience with them.
kraeva

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I checked into G-sport and e-mailed the company. They are actually still in business, and it is possible to get their fins. The guy's name is Bill, and if you e-mail him from the website, he will get you the fin you want.

He still has lots of weed find available!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Eastern and Central USA & Canada All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: