myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
pleasure bay with ne wind?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Eastern and Central USA & Canada
View previous topic :: View next topic  
icesailing

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 8:43 am    Post subject: pleasure bay with ne wind? Reply with quote

How does this work? ive been there once with wind from that direction (NE) and it looked blocked by the land and fort. At best it looked greatly diminished. it was white cappin once you looked over the hill and out toward the airport but it only looked 10 to 15 or 10 to 20 in the harbour. I know s and sw work great there.
npiankov

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NE works just fine. Of course, it may be partially blocked by the fort, but SW is not 100% clean either. In both directions you don't get much near the launch (on the NW side for both directions) and the best wind is near the damb. Just make sure you don't sail too close to the fort - stay downwind enough - and you'll have a great time. W, NW, and N winds are really gusty in P-bay, no matter what you do, but NE seems to be pretty good.

Let's hope that both Wed and Thu work out as per forecast. I am thinking AM on Wed and PM on Thu...
greyghost

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey all.
what are the water temps at Pleasure Bay these days? Found one site saying Boston is 62 degrees. Seems kind of on the low side as I was just on the Cape where the water was much warmer.

I'm thinking about trying this spot out for the first time, hopefully this weekend. Unfortunately only have a 4/3 wetsuit or nothing.

thanks
Jeff
icesailing

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 3:38 pm    Post subject: pb Reply with quote

yeah but if the outside was white cappin on the day i went and it only got to 10 to 20. Whats it it going to be when the days high calls for 10 to 20 e to ne winds. 5 to 15 in the bay?
swmckay

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

greyghost wrote:
hey all.
what are the water temps at Pleasure Bay these days? Found one site saying Boston is 62 degrees. Seems kind of on the low side as I was just on the Cape where the water was much warmer.

I'm thinking about trying this spot out for the first time, hopefully this weekend. Unfortunately only have a 4/3 wetsuit or nothing.

thanks
Jeff

I was at Pleasure Bay both Wednesday afternoon and Thursday morning in NE conditions. That's a pretty good direction there; it was a bit light and fluky, but that was more the weather conditions than obstruction from the fort. The water is still acceptable; a few people were out in shorties. I'm a wimp, so I was wearing my 4/3 long suit, which is a bit too warm right now.

Nikita is right about W, NW, W at P Bay -- super gusty. In those conditions, drive a bit south to Squantum (Google-map for Wareham St in Quincy). Getting out from the beach is a bit tricky, but you'll be amply rewarded once your into the open water.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Eastern and Central USA & Canada All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: