myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
No Dogs at Pleasant Bay

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Eastern and Central USA & Canada
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ron.c

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 7:13 pm    Post subject: No Dogs at Pleasant Bay Reply with quote

Hey Gerda:

Tomorrow might be a good day to let the old man come out and play.

Remember to keep the pup on a leash.

Maybe, we might even let that FNG Hardie play if he ain't got nothin better to do.

Until otherwise noted, Jerry and the big boys can keep their eastern end near the cuts. I saw one of the kite crew sailing it on capecodonlinedotcom.

Speaking of sharks, Whitecrest Beach might be the new surf destination!

RC
Gerda

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 6:14 am    Post subject: Perhaps afternoon session Reply with quote

Ron,

Iwindsurf shows wind starting midday, Windguru has wind at 11 AM so afternoon session may be in order. Will watch the wind and head for Pleasant Bay accordingly.

Barnstable beaches allow dogs on leash starting Sept. 15, hope Chatham has same in effect.

HBR
ron.c

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK

RC
ron.c

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We're starting to get a resurgence at Pleasant Bay, now know as Shark Bay. Don't worry, none were spotted.

6 Windsurfers total! In the middle of the work week too!

Have you ever had one of these days. 3rd session a row with the same gear - 5.0 / F2 Axxiss / 11" True Ames Weed Blade everything had worked or worn its way to the right spot - wind fillling in - Perfectly powered up (for the most part), even though I had the smallest sail of the fleet - second to last run of a timed 50 minute window - feeling good that I might almost get away without too much of a clean up, bone dry from the waist up - smokin' along at top speed with board flat & ride'n the fin - AND THEM WHAM!! - Hit by a bus or in this case a mostly submerged weedberg!!!! - That effing thing threw me over the handle bars for a perfect 10 catapult, no chance what so ever of a prayer in catching myself - A classic Gath Helmet story, event number 4 or 5 for me

All in all, a good time by all!, RC
sailingjoe

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 5:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any idea what the windspeed was? Was it gusty? If I hadn't exhausted myself driving to Cambridge and back on Tuesday, I might have been there. You probably saw so many windsurfers because we have been having so little wind for so long. As to your Weedberg (Phil of Inland Sea calls them Salad Bars), I've never hit one. I did "hook-up" once on a man-made shoal with a pointer. Yes, it is a terrible experience. They had dredged the channel and dumped the sand along side of it creating a submerged hazard solely for windsurfers.
pueno

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sailing wrote:
...Phil of Inland Sea calls them Salad Bars...

He says really nice things about you, Brucie. It's good to see that you've made a friend.

It's likely he calls you something, too.
ron.c

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the name - Salad Bar

While I'm at it, I've got a story to tell if you're interested.

For most of my life I've been looking for a father figure. It hasn't been until the last few years that I've realized it and taken on quite a few. When it comes to windsurfing Gerda's husband Bruce and Gerda too for a mother figure fit the bill. They are one of the biggest reasons why Kalmus is my beach away from home. Yesterday they came to my backyard for a little sail. While rushing to get back home, Bruce must have figured it was more important for me to talk with Gerda so he rolled up my sail to save time.

A simple gesture that did not go unnoticed.

Thanks, RC
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Eastern and Central USA & Canada All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: