myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
pleasure bay in Boston, good with east wind?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Eastern and Central USA & Canada
View previous topic :: View next topic  
greyghost

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 8:44 am    Post subject: pleasure bay in Boston, good with east wind? Reply with quote

Looks like sunday is calling for 15-20 knots out of the East.
Pleasure Bay a good spot for East winds? By the satellite photos, looks like it should be a good place, but I've never been there before. Just one of the closer places to go for me.
thx
REDBULL

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 9:02 am    Post subject: e wind Reply with quote

im not a big fan with wind fron this direction. its usually greatly reduced. probably non planining conditions. south---- south west is best there. the wind gets cut down by the land and the fort.
greyghost

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

what about at duxbury beach?
or where would you recommend for an east wind near boston?
thx
REDBULL

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 9:44 am    Post subject: sail Reply with quote

im not sure in your area. im from nh. getting to sail down there is a treat. id like to see you and all the gang soon on a sw day.
jonathanbaker

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Consider Revere Beach. I have had two god sessions there this summer when the wind has been out of the NNE. Easterlies should be better. I would avoid anything with too much of a westerly component.

I think i am headed there this afternoon as the wind i forecasted to build and switch to NNE.
npiankov

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that E winds are pretty good in P-bay. Last couple of weeks there were a few days with NE, coming directly off the fort, and it was pretty good. Of course, you are not going to get the wind to be 100% even throughout the bay, but it was not bad at all. Slightly more wind in the SE corner, but reasonably filled out throughout. It's not that different from how it is on SW and MUCH better than the N-NW directions. I wouldn't hesitate going there in those winds.
tcwolf

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are a fair amount of good east wind sites around Boston. If you like waves, Nahant is excellent. Be careful of the wash cycle, if you miss an inside jibe. Revere beach as well as Nantasket are good. The best waves are at Green Harbor in Marshfield. It's best with a little north in the wind however. The outside of Duxbury is fun as well. East wind in South Boston is okay, but not ideal. The fort does effect the wind. If you want to stay close, I'd go to Revere or Nahant instead...
greyghost

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tried PBay out on sunday when it was SE-E winds, very marginal winds with my 7.0 on a 145 Carve (left my 9.0 on the Cape otherwise it would have been pretty good). Sounds like the Cape was blitzing.

Anyhow, if you're on here Frank, nice to have met you.
cheers
Jeff
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Eastern and Central USA & Canada All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: