myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
CORP CLASSIC, PART 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Eastern and Central USA & Canada
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wavedawg

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 9:42 pm    Post subject: CORP CLASSIC, PART 2 Reply with quote

Thursday am was rockin' at Corp, with big bus-sized rollers, 4.7 wind, and low tide! The boardsailing crowd was well-represented. Maybe Saturday will give us a repeat - get a ticket and ride the bus! Very Happy

Remember, rig big for extra power to get thru the zone, or you will just get crushed.
outcast

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After noon 4 me, but i'll be on it.
Bring that universal!

Getting crushed is part of the fun

ron.c

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Although we didn't do it at the same spot, I'm glad that at least 2 (of you) experienced what I did on Thursday. It was a classic for sure!

After the "big go" I struggled to stay on my feet at my girl's soccer game. Nauset 4-0 over Chatham (sorry Jerry - I think the Chatham girls just got tired as they didn't have enough for a full rotation) Anyway back to the sailing, one friend rolled up in his Audi the biggest sedan I've yet to see. It got me thinking about my priorities - a 1991 Haut transported by a F-150 whose case of terminal rust is "pre"mature - Feeling a little "im"mature for thinking that sailing is cooler than making money - Then ""mature surfer dude / friend morebeachdotcom's Mike showed up (his girl's field hockey team went 2-2 against Chatham on the other pitch(?)) clearly he wished he knew how to sail - I think we all are on the right track.

Maybe this afternoon, and ready!

RC
outcast

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you got your priorities right dad.
nothing wrong with a nice car, just not my first choice
(I'm overdue though)

i love a Haut longboard i have.....lotsa people with nice cars.....not as many with Hauts

I dunno....it's 10 am and i don't see any big wind to the west of us.

prepare for skunkage.....thank god for iwindsurf......
Otherwise we would sit in the parking lot all day, and then rig some huge sail out of frustration.

outcast

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

12:30
i'll be surfing by 4 if this keeps up....

ron.c

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stop now if you don't want to read.

Now that I know that some younger sailors read these dribbles, I figure cleaning up my language might be a good idea; for today anyway. I remember when I was 14, I was quite experienced with most if not all 4 letter words. In addition, my wife who teaches at D-Y High knows that the current generation of 14 year olds continue to have the same skill.

I did get up at 5 thinking that it might crank up for an early session. Now as the lights go out it's still, and finally cranking. I pushed a late day session with a 5.0 - Honda lawnmower that is. All those young kids out there, Graham in particular, you don't always get to go sailing.

Speaking of Graham, your salutation of cheers rings a good tone with me. One of my life dreams is to have a father to do things with. Many older men seem to fit that bill, in some way. One named Jeff, who worked with Admiral Rickover, sharp as a tack always says cheers; it's a classy way to sign off.

Now that the lawn is cut; maybe I can get in a little surf session tomorrow morning while the rest of the family gets some of the their own brand of religion.

As Jerry said - we are into Rocktober. I'm already trying to figure out if Wednesday's forecast of big winds can be worked into the schedule. Bay side high tide will be about 8.

Cheers - on to making burgers for the kids - RC
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Eastern and Central USA & Canada All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: