myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
NE Storm Report from Chatham, MA
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Eastern and Central USA & Canada
View previous topic :: View next topic  
grahamfedd

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 6:23 am    Post subject: Saturday Sailing Reply with quote

I sailed Ninigret Pond Saturday. Tried out new 90 liter board with 6.1 sail in late afternoon. There were about 6 windsurfers and 3 kiters out. Wind was light and water was cold!

Cheers,
Graham
ron.c

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First Jerry - If you count me, I was one of the old ladies who happen to see you on Friday. On lunch-break, taking my mother to run her errands I said WTF you got me out so lets try to drain the second tank of gas in her car for the year by driving down Chatham way. I felt bad leaving just as you came in but was tight for time.

Chapin Beach was well represented yesterday with a good mix of windsurfers and a few kiters thrown it.

Talk about dedication, I met Tim who drove from effing Albany NY!! Now that's hard core!!

Also big Paul, who's twice the size of me, from New Hampshire - down for a little day trip. Another one with dedication! Paul has instant credibility with me as he was gracious enough to come sail at Skaket. Fair warning Paul - keep your wife's 70l Starboard locked up - I'm ache'n to steal it for a test drive. Think of it this way, you'd be doing that pr!ck Hateratter a favor by having one less old school sailor to complain about if a successful conversion was accomplished. Our global warming problem would be eased if his rants could be neutered!

Those guys (and most all) were well powered with 6+m sails. I wasted the first half hour uncomfortably over-powered with a 6.0. I even wished that my 5.0 was rigged a little tighter.

Excuse the language above Graham. If you haven't check out Chapin you can get some good reaches between the shore and outer bar, perfect for waterstarts, jibes, etc. Be careful at too low of high tide for rocks. 1.5 to 3 hours either side of high tide would give you good conditions for your new board. Sailing outside and west of the bar is influenced by the tide flowing in and out of Barnstable Harbor(?) Keep your eyes open out there.

Thanks for reading, signing off from the couch - a rainy morning with Jimmy Neutron in the background, RC
outcast

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We rolled right from Jimmy Neutron to Peep and the Big Wide World.
...My fav.....i think the whole Carl/llama thing may be cooking my kids brains just a bit too much....still fun just making a pile on the couch

paulf.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey ron, didn't want go near that other thread, but for future reference i'm 202# and was good yesterday at chapin on 5.8 and 92l. sharon says you're welcome to try the 70l evo, but i suspect you will like a faster small board like the star kode or jp wave. the evo is a very niche board, more about turns and control in bump and jump than speed.
paul
ron.c

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Paul for the for comparison +-70 lbs /// +- .8m in sail size

so could it be said a half meter per 40 pounds.

The kids and I just went to Nauset - ship sinking huge!

RC
scooper

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got an invitation to try side off wavesailing at Narragansett Beach in R.I. on Saturday. It turned out to be too N to NNE, so no wind in the wave zone, also had closeout waves. You never know until you try.

It sounds like Jerry hit it right in Chatham, must have been huge. Chapin sounds like fun too.

outcast

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sat was killer
Sunday was different....completely pasted on a 3.7.....how strong is it when sand is hitting you in the eye? BLINDING rain 20 minutes and done.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Eastern and Central USA & Canada All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: