myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Generation gap

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pacificwindrider

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 11:18 am    Post subject: Generation gap Reply with quote

I've been sailing on the central coast for about 10 years now and have met many great people and sailed epic waves. Everytime I see someone close to my age I exhale and think, wow, there is someone else under 40 windsurfing on the coast. Then they turn out to be European tourists. Is there anybody 25-35 sailing on the central coast that wants to explore new spots and rip up some waves? Preferably a hot single chick with coin.
biffmalibu

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 2:08 pm    Post subject: Optimistic coastal windsurfer. Reply with quote

I admire your optimism. Here is some pessimism (with a possible solution) to squelch it.

Windsurfing is very popular throughout Europe. It gives retailers in USA great hopes of increasing sales year by year. Alas, our American culture is not fertile ground for such development. VALUES are the main reason.

American chicks in this age range (25-35) simply do not have the desire for a tough cold sport that requires years of practice to master. Facebook, Ipods, MMA, $$$, boozing, crashing quads, having babies, texting, and just plain laziness all take priority. Additionally, Americans WORK TOO MUCH (unlike Europeans, who get plenty of downtime and are STILL more productive than fat-ass Americans). There is seemingly not enough TIME to master the sport.

Here's a better idea: import. If you have a job that allows you to travel a bit, go to Europe on a windsurf vacation. Meet a babe there and fall in love. You must meet her at least once overseas. Or go online to find a desperate >HOT< femme from Eastern Europe who already knows how. Or just have her learn here. The marriage/import process will take 1-2 years. The US government will try and make you give up continuously throughout the process. Stick it out!

Let's not be naive! Sign a prenuptial agreement to cover your ass from mercenaries!

Live happily ever after...
pacspeed

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Youre my new hero. Shaun Palmer out, biffmalibu IN!

Dude You NAILED it!!!
billgfc

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

actually there are quite few in that age group sailing, especially here in the Gorge.

Do you have a facebook page? Look up Casey Hauser. he is in Brazil wave sailing until December. There are many others out there, often sailing elsewhere in the fall and winter
biffmalibu

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 2:28 am    Post subject: Bill, he's looking for a CHICK... Reply with quote

not another DUDE.
ducati

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Preferably a hot single chick with coin." Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

sorry. (wipes tears from eyes, snot from nose)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: