myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Halloween on Cape Cod
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Eastern and Central USA & Canada
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pueno

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sailing wrote:
Remember, it's Halloween, your holiday.

And the good thing about Halloween, Brucie, is that you don't need a mask! You can "go as you are" and everybody gets a laugh.
jingebritsen

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Monster Hole is very easy to see when going over the inlet bridge. It's the sand bar area just south of the mouth. In the ocean. Not the kiddy pond.
http://www.epicgearusa.com/
ron.c

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My costume to the Kalmus Beach Halloween Party.

All treats with one trick - Speedy was a no show - What the heck, I'll give it a solid A anyway.

RC

gloves and helmet 004.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  223.88 KB
 Viewed:  11138 Time(s)

gloves and helmet 004.jpg

outcast

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, we managed to pull of a killer ocean sesh. It was the most work of the season, but also total fun

JE threw a spectacular ORPL

scooper

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm afraid to ask what a ORPL is.

Thanks for the text message today Jerry. I ended up borrowing a smaller kite and then it was getting too late to make it to the outer Cape. It sounds like you guys hit it good.

WaterKook

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scooper,
Some times you eat the bar and sometimes the bar eats you.
It is always a crap shoot. let's face it. Was looking for you to show. Lot's of work. was on a 4.7m but 50% of the time could have been on a 4.2m and 50% of the time could have been on a 5.2m. Guess 4.7m was the call?
ORPL= Over rotated push loop.
Started a second rotation before I landed.
Scary but fun in a sick Halloween way!!!!
WARM!!!!!!! DAM!!!
Side off conditions with shoulder high and some head high sets?
True down the line with Outcast and PK slashing the $@#% ot of lots of faces.
Outcast is on a twin wave now and carving deep!
May have been my best side-off session in 09?
But the year is not over yet.
Abide.
And happy Halloween!!! Twisted Evil

scooper

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn it sounds good! Probably a lot of work but offshore/waves usually are. Not sure I want to see OR loops, too scary!
sailingjoe

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 5:00 am    Post subject: Great day at Wacko Bay!!! Reply with quote

Funny, but I have never seen so many windsurfers on WB as I did yesterday. The first lot was flooded, but allowed for 4 windsurfing vehicles. Others were launching elsewhere. A rather attractive British Blond gal was there along with a number of others, both Euro and local. After she put her cloths back on, she told me that she had come for a lesson in kiting, but the winds were too radical. It seems that they weren't as predicted with the strongest being before 1. Around 2 my meter was showing steady 20 m.p.h., regular gusts to 24 with one to 28. I had some good blasting with my Sumo and '03 6.5 Gun Rapter but the trend was down. These Euro's are great sailors and were good company. Once again a fella was there with out-dated equipment and in awe that I was shredding it up with such a large sail. Why go into a long spiel about the increased range of new sails? Let's forget about an upgrade in boards. I'm thinking that the Gun is getting old. You can loosen a current sail's leach up much more. In fact at the end of the day, the winds died down (although as the sun set they increased) and I would have done better with my '06 8.0. There were just too many holes. The European guy stayed out until sunset and couldn't get enough after rigging up a sail size. They seem to keep current with their equipment and you know they're in better shape than us. Whatever, I saw this continental land, and then I made it back home in time to light the Pumpkin, pass out some treats and down the left-over chocolates. I really wonder how long this warm weather will last but it's been great. Included is a photo of the guy with the old sail executing a gybe. Notice how his sail is not twisting off in the head. For what it matters, he missed the completion.

WackGybe.JPG
 Description:
Waquoit Bay
 Filesize:  228.06 KB
 Viewed:  10892 Time(s)

WackGybe.JPG

ron.c

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My sailing costume yesterday - dinosaur jockey!

I wish I was smarter and less lazy so that I could fix the date on my camera. The picture above was right after yesterday's session. I would also be able to go toe to toe on the mental jousting that takes place here and elsewhere in life.

I wish I could afford a new Mark Nelson custom. A new board that sails a 6-5-4 range with ease. Kinda like what I've got now.

I wish I wouldn't be afraid that if I was able to do a total gear make over that my satisfaction level would not be drastically higher.

I wish I played varsity - anything!

I wish I paid attention in school, maybe I'd be getting more pay today. Maybe if I got more pay, I wouldn't sailing and surfing as much???

I wish that 30 years of lifting weights would have added 5 pounds of mass to my scrawny sub 135# frame.

I wish I had the balls to ride with Jerry's kids on the big stuff down in Chatham. Maybe my wish list of bullet proof equipment would increase my confidence.

I wish I had Bill's Carrera SC4. He upgraded to 4WD after backing the 2WD model into the woods at 120+ ( He says a puddle made him do it)

I wish I had a chance with the prom queen. Maybe if I did, I wouldn't be sailing or surfing as much??

I wish I got a better night sleep, too much muscle soreness. At Kalmus, there were no gusts, just a steady build-up as the day went on.

I wish that the old man (maybe not that much old than me) didn't pass me on a effing kite. I was blasting a along and started to feel some spray. Son-of-a-b, he overtook me. On the leg back, I think I repaid the favor but needed to do it on a more down wind direction.

I wish I didn't get in trouble for falling asleep when I was supposed to be handing out the candy last night. I'm sad to think how many rugrats went to bed hungry last night from not eating my candy.

I wish I could have stayed a little longer yesterday.

RC -

Very Happy
pueno

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 7:23 am    Post subject: Re: Great day at Wacko Bay!!! Reply with quote

sailing wrote:
A rather attractive British Blond gal was there along with a number of others, both Euro and local. After she put her cloths back on.....

As if you cared, Brucie.

Did mom take you around last night? Get much candy?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Eastern and Central USA & Canada All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: