myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
VERO BEACH FLORIDA, TOMORROW?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Eastern and Central USA & Canada
View previous topic :: View next topic  
armaswindsurf

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 1:37 pm    Post subject: VERO BEACH FLORIDA, TOMORROW? Reply with quote

Hello,.. if you live around Vero Beach florida , can you give me some tips?.. it seams that it will be wind tomorrow there and i was thinking going to
Golden Sands Park Lifeguard ,Address:‎

10350 Highway A1a
Vero Beach, FL 32963

So..,what u think?

thank u
jingebritsen

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So long as yo are going there, why not Monster Hole at Sebastian Inlet? Just up the road a few miles beyond. Or, there is supposed to be an artificial reef some where in Vero. Take your pick. I'll be up at Cape Canaveral Jetty Park.
http://www.epicgearusa.com/
armaswindsurf

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 1:47 pm    Post subject: to jingebritsen Reply with quote

so.. you will be tomorrow at cape caņaberal? i will need the exact address (if any) for a gps, is a good place the one that u go?

thank u
d0uglass

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There will probably be a lot of kiters and some windsurfers (like me) 15 miles south of Vero at the Fort Pierce South Jetty.

2000 Seaway Dr.
Fort Pierce, FL 34949

It's an easy launch in N, NE, or E because it's flat behind the jetty, but there are some waves breaking offshore. Once can cross over to more serious waves on the North Side of the inlet.

Here's some videos I took there last week.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YdgbO_ArcOA&feature=player_embedded

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fDDrwY-CFnw&feature=player_embedded
jingebritsen

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

James has a spot that may be better for you. I'll be another 50-60 miles north of where you said you wanted to go. All I can tell you is get out a map or a mapquest.....
armaswindsurf

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 6:07 pm    Post subject: to douglas Reply with quote

niiiiiiiiice.... very nice videos...hahahha... ok.. fort pierce convince me.. but what do u think about the wind for tomorrow?.. it seams like it will be like on the 18's.. no?
armaswindsurf

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 6:12 pm    Post subject: HEY DOUGLAS!!! Reply with quote

I was on Google maps and saw that there's a parking lot there... how is parking there?
armaswindsurf

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 6:38 pm    Post subject: jingebritsen Reply with quote

thank u jingebritsen! but since i'm coming from miami.. couple miles south sound good!..hahaha.. F*** gas price
jingebritsen

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 5:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some other choice spots along the way. Pompano Beach 16th ST N, Boyonton Inlet, Singer Island Ocean Park (do a down winder to Reef Road, on the S side of that inlet can be epic with the right swell), Jupiter Inlet Convention hall park or corners, Ft Pierce Inlet (the North park rocks on a southerly, but the S one does great too). All great spots with their relative strengths and weaknesses. Methinks Jupiter Inlet is far superior to going to the West Coast for the NW winds....
sailingjoe

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

armaswindsurf wrote:
Hello,.. if you live around Vero Beach florida , can you give me some tips?..
Let me do you one better, I live in Vero Beach. Ignore Jinglebells (jingebritsen) unless you are hellbent on destruction. The closest popular spot for windsurfing to Vero would be Wabasso Causeway State Park. On A1A the causeway crosses the Indian R. at the village of Orchid which is directly north of Vero. If you are into the challenges of difficult shore break or short board surfing, stay in Zero Beach. If you like going out alone in dirty water, sail the lagoon. If it's windy, you will probably meet other sailors at the Causeway. I'll be there next week.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Eastern and Central USA & Canada All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: