myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
VERO BEACH. TODAY.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Eastern and Central USA & Canada
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sailingjoe

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 1:50 pm    Post subject: VERO BEACH. TODAY. Reply with quote

Came, saw and conquered. The flight was fascinating. The Airbus 320 remains a great plane. We hit 500 m.p.h. and 38,000 ft. In spite of the cloud cover due to Ivan, I was able to get a great view of Marblehead, Cape Ann and parts of the south shore. Then, I saw the southern coast from 37K ft, St. Augustine and into Orlando. Perfect day today. All the gear sent with UPS arrived in good shape, but the Logan Transportation Security Administration people tore apart the golf travel bag and couldn't put it back right. I didn't loose anything, though. Fins, ice skates, camera and leather golf bag came through in fine shape. Had to fix the zipper on the travel bag, though. Let that be a warning to you kiters. It was windy yesterday, but I was busy taking the car out of storage. I need the vacation from sailing, though, as the tendonitis hasn't completely gone away. Next week the vehicle will be street legal, but I'm already picking up the groceries with it. Ocean water temps 74 to 78 F. Air temps a little cooler. Eat your hearts out, I'm here to stay.
pueno

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 4:05 pm    Post subject: Re: VERO BEACH. TODAY. Reply with quote

sailing wrote:
Came, saw and conquered. The flight was fascinating. The Airbus 320 remains a great plane. We hit 500 m.p.h. and 38,000 ft. In spite of the cloud cover due to Ivan, I was able to get a great view of Marblehead, Cape Ann and parts of the south shore. Then, I saw the southern coast from 37K ft, St. Augustine and into Orlando. Perfect day today. All the gear sent with UPS arrived in good shape, but the Logan Transportation Security Administration people tore apart the golf travel bag and couldn't put it back right. I didn't loose anything, though. Fins, ice skates, camera and leather golf bag came through in fine shape. Had to fix the zipper on the travel bag, though. Let that be a warning to you kiters. It was windy yesterday, but I was busy taking the car out of storage. I need the vacation from sailing, though, as the tendonitis hasn't completely gone away. Next week the vehicle will be street legal, but I'm already picking up the groceries with it. Ocean water temps 74 to 78 F. Air temps a little cooler. Eat your hearts out, I'm here to stay.

"Eat your hearts out, I'm here to stay."

We wish. As with everything else you say, Brucie, that's BS.
DanWeiss

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 5:06 pm    Post subject: Re: VERO BEACH. TODAY. Reply with quote

sailingjoe wrote:

Hey Mr. Swift, Jr., What would be great is rather than posting exclusively about your windsurfing, why not post some stuff about your personal life? After all, you never do!

Ok, I'll eat my heart out if you really do stay in FL permanently. I'm scheduling an appointment with my cardiologist just in case.
outcast

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you will not be sailing, then we will assume that you will also take a break from this forum....go enjoy yourself
sailingjoe

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 5:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, I could start sailing soon. It's been windy and blowing now out of the South. I had the big mattress up yesterday, a 4.4 Ram air kite, and my shoulders seem to be ready for intense activity. Don't let anyone convince you that kiting isn't as hard as windsurfing on your arms and shoulders. Overpowered, I definitely got a good work out in a short time. You also ought to pick up a trainer kite if you have forgotten the immense strength of the wind.
jingebritsen

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 6:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like you've discovered the temptations for kite surfing. Maybe you should explore that with your savvy skills?
http://www.epicgearusa.com/
pueno

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sailingjoe wrote:
Actually, I could start sailing soon. It's been windy and blowing now out of the South. I had the big mattress up yesterday, a 4.4 Ram air kite, and my shoulders seem to be ready for intense activity. Don't let anyone convince you that kiting isn't as hard as windsurfing on your arms and shoulders. Overpowered, I definitely got a good work out in a short time. You also ought to pick up a trainer kite if you have forgotten the immense strength of the wind.

Good news on the shoulder. The few times I've had tendinitis in the shoulders, naproxene (Aleve) has worked very well to reduce the pain and speed recovery.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Eastern and Central USA & Canada All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: