myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Afghanistan, the war that will not go away
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
isobars

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

keycocker1 wrote:

A. Iso has to take a deep breath after debating climate change with someone who clearly knows a good bit about climate change

B. All mike had with him was a LETTER

C. Now he is debating school funding ... In my experience ...

D. I am sorry you don't have a real shutoff button

E. Iso s plans to pour money on issues with no direction

F. Does your research indicate it would be a big waste to put another teacher in that school?

You're making zero sense.

A. I have said many times I'm not here to debate GW, that my only purpose is to point anyone who's interested in both sides of the issue (apparently no one here fits that description) to hundreds of scientific references, many of them peer-reviewed. I can't make anyone read facts they're afraid to see. (I've been paid good money to review many technical proposals, this letter was an elemental statement of physics covered in more detail in many sources, and saying it's bogus does not make it so.)

B. Plus half a dozen books containing hundreds of references, plus scores of live debates by many scientists. (I can't comprehend someone so willing to openly lie about something in this very thread, let alone the rest of the archives. Your kids and co-founders would be aghast at that.)

C. Nor am I debating education or its funding. I'm just pointing out that actual research debunks the public's presumption and your anecdotal evidence -- a classic oxymoron -- regarding them.

D. You guys go right on thinking my shutoff button is Ficktional. The thought of 17 miscreants madly typing personal invective at me to no avail is hilarious.

E. Huh? What plans are those?

F. The research level at which point I stopped reading addressed billions of dollars on an urban scale, not one classroom. [/i]

Last edited by isobars on Sat Dec 12, 2009 8:58 am; edited 1 time in total
swchandler

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"The throught of 17 miscreants madly typing at me to no avail is hilarious."

Is that how many folks isobars has PLONKed here, or more honestly, has had to hide from?
keycocker

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually believe that he has a way of not reading certain posts.
I have one too. Laughing
His problem here in his readers digest of talk radio is that he has no way of preventing well informed people from speaking to all of the audience.This is a key feature of talk. The host blathers whatever polling shows him the listeners already believe. Some smarty pants comes on to point out some real facts, the host plonks them before the listeners hear something true.Listeners wish they could do the same to all those college grads who think they know more than listeners with 6th grade education.
The host then smugly provides the silenced educated caller with a stupid opinion from his stock phrases which worked well in study groups of angry uneducated people. You can see examples of these phrases,supplied as opinions to us,in Mike posts.
isobars

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

keycocker wrote:
1. I actually believe that he has a way of not reading certain posts. I have one too.

2. he has no way of preventing well informed people from speaking to all of the audience.

3. This is a key feature of talk. The host blathers whatever polling shows him the listeners already believe. Some smarty pants comes on to point out some real facts, the host plonks them before the listeners hear something true.

4. You can see examples of these phrases,supplied as opinions to us,in Mike posts.

1. The difference is that yours is in your head, while mine resides in my hard drive.

2. Nor should I. I wish some of them would post here on the topic of GW, as its sociological-political-economic threat is more ominous and urgent than anything Al Gore could imagine. Even more important to me is that I hope my GW conclusion is correct in case it succeeds in stifling the worst of the GW legislation threatening our world for real. It's bad enough that the EPA now has the authority to simply and unilaterally command any business it doesn't like to cease and desist if it emits any CO2. I hope you businessmen are ready to be commanded -- the administration's own term for enforcing CO2 compliance -- to have the EPA run your business for you, from the type of cars it can own to the miles it travels to the punitive fines it pays for any real or imagined emission of the healthy gas on which every green plant on the globe depends for its very life.

3. Again, you really should be more discerning when choosing your talk radio sources. My favorites concentrate almost exclusively on callers and guests who disagree with the host or the hour's premise, treat 95% of them with far more respect than the outright loony ones deserve, and debate them like adults. I.E., the good talk shows are nothing like this forum.

4. Who am I to refuse a good line or sound advice when I hear it ... as long as it's based in fact? Example: In response to an alarm I first heard on TR/FBN TV and have since supported by hundreds of hours of research, I'm rehashing my investment paradigm and portfolio by ~50-75% to better align them with the U.S. and global economic threat posed by the continued devaluation of the dollar since Y2000, this administration's oft-stated goal of intensively accelerating same, and Obamanomics' absolutely devastating, deliberate, and sometimes openly voiced opposition to capitalism and thus to the small business sector this nation lives on.
windoggi

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

isobars wrote:
the good talk shows are nothing like this forum.

Which begs the question...why are you here? I think it must be because you love us.

keycocker1

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike says; "the continued devaluation of the dollar since Y2000, this administration's oft-stated goal of intensively accelerating same, and Obamanomics' absolutely devastating, deliberate, and sometimes openly voiced opposition to capitalism and thus to the small business sector this nation lives on."
Thanks Mike. that is the kind of stock phrases I mean. The Propoganda -Meister calls down those opinions to the foot troops who repeat it aloud as often as possible. This makes a world structure that makes internal sense to them.
But in the real world it is very hard to find an economist in the Obama admin who ACTUALLY is opposing capitalism and trying to drive down the dollar. Asking for a real example of their" openly voiced opposition.... to the small business sector" is how you get plonked in this fairy tale world.
Absolutely Anti Capitalism and American sentiments are a hallmark of the imaginary enemy of Talk radio.
swchandler

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holy smokes!

isobars isn't being quite honest about his ability to censor our posts on his computer, or maybe, he elects to view our comments at times.

Check it out. On my 12/12 04.52 post above, I quoted what he originally wrote, to include the misspelling of the second word. Well guess what? He corrected his error after my post.

As a minimum, I think we now know that isobars is peeking around his supposed blockade.
feuser

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

swchandler wrote:
Holy smokes!

isobars isn't being quite honest about his ability to censor our posts on his computer, or maybe, he elects to view our comments at times.

Check it out. On my 12/12 04.52 post above, I quoted what he originally wrote, to include the misspelling of the second word. Well guess what? He corrected his error after my post.

As a minimum, I think we now know that isobars is peeking around his supposed blockade.

No, he can hide posts. Although doing something like installing a Firefox plugin would not prompt anyone with a reasonably-sized ego to go off bragging:

Quote:
I wrote my first computer program in 1961; it compiled and ran as intended on the first try, and I've written thousands of lines of code in several languages since then.

http://www.iwindsurf.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=99797

http://www.windsurfing.kasail.com/
swchandler

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still though, he's peeking.

Maybe there's some hope for the poor old dude. Only a fool would drive blind, and maybe he's beginning to get the picture. Bragging about censoring folks isn't quite the American way, so there's very little respect down that path. Hell, that's what Ahmadinejad's administration is trying to do right now.
feuser

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just re-read Obama's Oslo speech.

That it hasn't caused the committee to fall out of love with him, is miraculous - he deserves another for public speaking.

There's not much to like about the greater point he's making; although there is an uplifting message somewhere in there as well. His acknowledgment of the unavoidable - military engagement, the necessity of self-defense and even war juxtaposed with its inherent implications.

I must say that he is the first US president of my lifetime I actually trust with the immense power of his position, and the very sobering speech confirms that in a strange way.

http://www.windsurfing.kasail.com/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 4 of 9

Jump to: