myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Afghanistan, the war that will not go away
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mac

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Be careful both about assuming that the surge worked, or that the current military leadership in Iraq is on top of it. Remember that Odierno, who is the head guy in Iraq a this time, was the gung ho field officer who filled Abu Ghrab with "bad guys" without differentiation, and led in substantial part to the successful growth of the insurgency.

In Afghanistan we are trying to look at a different culture and economy with the eyes of wanna-be nation builders. The biggest problem, however, is the lack of legitimacy of the government as anything but an American puppet that is stealing everything in sight--including elections. With the Arabs essentially chased out of Afghanistan by Americans and Afghanis, what you have behind is a jihad against the American occupiers. A very different situation than at the start of the war, and perhaps not so amenable to counter-insurgency efforts.
isobars

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

keycocker wrote:
Anyone notice that since the change in US government, and a change in policy towards blowing our mouths off about Iran, we are now WINNING?My Irani friend asked me to post that.

you should not call Mike a neoconservative as an insult.

talk guys don't use facts

If we're winning in Iran, how did Ahmadinejad get away with not only giving the UN the finger in response to its counter-proliferation demands but also give the U.S. a one-month ultimatum for a nuclear fuel swap?

The only definition I've ever been able to find for neocon is "one who has changed from Democrat to Republican". Even where that's true, how is it an insult?

You keep saying TR lies, but refuse to back it up. I've fact-checked many, MANY TR claims. The vast majority of claims I've heard made by TR hosts are easily verified, with almost no such claims disproved. You need to find some better TR hosts; there are plenty of truthful ones out there.
keycocker

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do not believe that TR lies any more than I believe that Comedy Channel news lies. They are a non factual news medium and have said so directly.
Limbaugh spent years telling us that Carter caused the last oil crisis as a central theme.(Hint)He wasn't in office.
He recently said that Obama caused the recession. O also was not yet in office at the time Rush said that.
Which joke programs did you find out checked out completely ? or did they all?
"If we're winning in Iran, how did Ahmadinejad get away with not only giving the UN the finger in response....
Read the news and you will understand the poster who wrote that Amadinnerjacket owes his whole career to the US. My Irani friend who fights against him says they are winning and thats my report from the front.
Mike-several people here have defined that word for you when you first said you didn't know what it meant. You told us we were wrong, so that leaves you without a clue, and us not so motivated to bother typing it again.
isobars

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

keycocker wrote:
Mike-several people here have defined [neocon] for you when you first said you didn't know what it meant. You told us we were wrong, so that leaves you without a clue, and us not so motivated to bother typing it again.

Au contraire, almost everyone who used it refused to define it. The couple who made any attempt simply made up their own definition completely different from any dictionary explanation. The only definition I can find anywhere is "a democrat turned republican". Based on that, its use on me is nonsensical.
swchandler

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh really! Any buyers?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
Page 9 of 9

Jump to: