myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Lots of equipment have questions
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Eastern and Central USA & Canada
View previous topic :: View next topic  
glk34

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 4:35 pm    Post subject: Lots of equipment have questions Reply with quote

Hello I am new here and I have some questions for you all. Please help me understand what I have. I jsut inherited a bunch of stuff and dont know a single thing about this sport. I am thinking I will sell all of this stuff but dont know what to price it at or where to sell it. First I have a fanatic viper board, Naish formula 750 430/25, naish formula 750 460/25, naish stealth 7.0, naish stealth 6.0, naish stealth 5.5, harness, 2 fins, and a pole thing. I really have no clue about any of this stuff and dont think I want to keep it so if somone could please help me price it or send me to the correct area that would be great. I will post a pic I hope that is alright to do. If anyone wants to email me that would be great too. glk34@yahoo.com thanks for any help.

as far as I know this is mostly all new.

scooper

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In my opinion (take with salt)- The board is too outdated to have any value. I can't see most of the other equipment so I'm not sure about that. If the booms and masts are carbon they should still be worth something even if old. If the sails are over 5 or 6 years old they will be worth very little.

Here's a link to some local shops. It might be a good idea to call them for advice. I would start with Sailworld because I know that they sell used equipment.
http://waterloggedbyscooper.blogspot.com/2006/10/local-shops.html

bates

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Viper is a good board to learn on. I dont know what year this one is, but it should be worth something. Sails are likely shot as these got outdated fast over the past few years
glk34

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for the replies. So what do you all think would be a fair asking price for this whole setup $500 $750 $1000 I dont know what I should list it at.
d0uglass

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That would actually be a good board for someone to learn on since it's fairly big and has a daggerboard.

The sails wouldn't be very good for learning on because they are complicated race sails. But they seem to have the matching components (mast, boom, etc.) so if they are in ok shape they will be worth a couple hundred, at least.

What I would do if I were you would be keep the board for myself to learn on, but trade the sails in at a shop in exchange for lessons and a good beginner sail. Windsurfing takes a lot of persistence and isn't for everyone, but it's incredibly fun if you can get into it. Check out this onboard-camera video of the windsurfing experience:

http://jimbodouglass.blogspot.com/2009/11/clew-mount-camera-glory.html

If you really don't think you're cut out to be a windsurfer, I'd ask about $750 to sell all the stuff.

sailingjoe

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 5:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you are going to sell the stuff, you have to find somewhere to do it. E-bay might be your best bet. The board would be a different matter. Since you aren't thinking about learning the sport, you might be better off giving it all away.
NEsailor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
If you are going to sell the stuff, you have to find somewhere to do it. E-bay might be your best bet. The board would be a different matter. Since you aren't thinking about learning the sport, you might be better off giving it all away.

GLK34 As a new member of this forum there are a few things you should know. Sailingjoe aka speedysailor, joejane, swiftsailor, psycho kiter, snowyguy, scratchynuts, etc etc etc. (As well as all of his other aliases) is the most knowledgeable, esteemed member of this forum. He is also the best, most experienced, smartest, brilliant and physically able sailor that frequents the forum. Therefore, if he gives you advice then you should feel blessed that he acknowledged you and do exactly as he says. When this man sails the dolphins sense his aura and come from miles away just to swim next to him. He attracts all the kind animals in Gods kingdom. They simply flock just to swim near him. Forum members post daily in hopes that the will be responded to by the great one himself.

So if he says you should give it all away then that is exactly what you should do. Even if it’s worth $750 you should give it away. Do as Brucie says and then you can feel fulfilled that at least once in your life you were addressed by this great man.
pueno

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NEsailor wrote:
GLK34 As a new member of this forum there are a few things you should know. Sailingjoe aka speedysailor, joejane, swiftsailor, psycho kiter, snowyguy, scratchynuts, etc etc etc. (As well as all of his other aliases) is the most knowledgeable, esteemed member of this forum. He is also the best, most experienced, smartest, brilliant and physically able sailor that frequents the forum. Therefore, if he gives you advice then you should feel blessed that he acknowledged you and do exactly as he says. When this man sails the dolphins sense his aura and come from miles away just to swim next to him. He attracts all the kind animals in Gods kingdom. They simply flock just to swim near him. Forum members post daily in hopes that the will be responded to by the great one himself.

NEsailor, that's an excellent observation on your part. Thanks for making the point. Only Mr. Swift would have been smarter. GLK34 should be on the lookout for any of the forum members listed below, because any one of them will make invaluable contributions to this forum and to society in general.

Sailingjoe
Speedysailor
PoleBoarder
Rubby
JosephSmith
Jackflash
NoBones
Bones
DanWebster
Rnails
RubberNails
JohnWalsh
RoughRider
JoeMur
Back_Roader
Hugefins
Lackofwind
USvoile
Board07
AnyWind
Greenslib
Sinbad2
Sinbad
Windsurfer
Goodbrewster
JoeJane
Ensign
JollyRoger
Blowhardbuster
Windbob
Cosmicharlie
RogerJack@ss
RogerJack
Beachdoser
Broadreach5
Theclock
Sailorjohn
Quickrig1
Oldsalt6600
Skirtchaser
Bigwebsailor
Bighalsey
Prljack
Tycoonguy
Beswift
Bruswift
Swiftwater
Swiftsurfer
Swiftsailor
Swiftskier
Swiftrider
Swiftskater
Swiftkiter
Swiftbiker
Swiftwalker
Robswift
Anotherswift
Robert_Bruce
Snowyguy
Snow_guy
Snowglider
Snowbooster
Blowbooster
Skinut
Mistersmith
Seamanfirstclass
Skimmer
Gaastrageezer
Gaastraguy
Psychokiter
Pj1001
Weedwart
Wsguy
Ajoe
Cupajoe
Lamplight
Looselumber
Dunkin'_donut
Sharky
Sharkguy
Bigboard
DelCarpenter

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

glk34, your best time to sell is probably about 5 or more months away. If you have the storage space use the time to learn what you can about what you are selling because that can substantially increase what you get. If the sails are 5 seasons old but only have one or two seasons of limited use their values are quite different.

The chances are pretty good selling some items individually will get you a much better price selling everything together. Check the Buy/Sell items on this website for a good gauge of what the individual values could be. A package price for the Viper board with a mast, boom, one or 2 sails and one fin might be a profitable way to sell the board. Then sell the other items separately or sell everything separately. If you throw in both fins with the board you might be losing $10 to $50 (maybe more).

Fanatic has a website with information about current boards and a forum you can search for previous questions about the Viper or ask your own. Naish Sails has a website but it doesn't appear to have a forum.

Do what you can to find windsurfers in your area. Start with posting your community here. Nearby windsurfers who read this forum may help you figure out what you have or be the buyers you want.
DelCarpenter

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

glk34, your best time to sell is probably about 5 or more months away. If you have the storage space use the time to learn what you can about what you are selling because that can substantially increase what you get. If the sails are 5 seasons old but only have one or two seasons of limited use their values are quite different.

The chances are pretty good selling some items individually will get you a much better price selling everything together. Check the Buy/Sell items on this website for a good gauge of what the individual values could be. A package price for the Viper board with a mast, boom, one or 2 sails and one fin might be a profitable way to sell the board. Then sell the other items separately or sell everything separately. If you throw in both fins with the board you might be losing $10 to $50 (maybe more).

Fanatic has a website with information about current boards and a forum you can search for previous questions about the Viper or ask your own. Naish Sails has a website but it doesn't appear to have a forum.

Do what you can to find windsurfers in your area. Start with posting your community here. Nearby windsurfers who read this forum may help you figure out what you have or be the buyers you want.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Eastern and Central USA & Canada All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: