myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Scammers still active
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chadperkins

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried to get the last guy to send me some money. I gave him the run around for a while and never heard back. Guess I was too much trouble. Or maybe he realized the State of Confusion really does not exist. Anyway I now have a new friend. He also does not seem to speak English well. So I was up front with him. I received his email and it only stated that he wanted to buy my stuff and what was my lowest price. I asked him if he even knows what he is trying to buy or does he send out the same email on all of his scams. I still have not heard back. Keep your fingers crossed.
Chad
Yets

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is my all time favorite bait I have ever seen, it was featured on Slashdot a little bit ago

http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=177394
Khardin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

isobars wrote:
Guys, this is a state-sponsored operation that has been running from Nigeria since about the time Al Gore first heard about the internet. Not only are thousands of people involved, but they're not in U.S. jurisdiction. Your only defense is looking gift horses in the mouth.

Mike \m/

You must mean "Since Al Gore first created the internet"...lol
pueno

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Khardin wrote:

Yes, he did that right after he was born in that log cabin that he built with his bare hands. Wink
isobars

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Khardin wrote:
isobars wrote:
since about the time Al Gore first heard about the internet.

I was trying to be generous. Snopes says that by "create", Gore didn't mean "create", so I gave him a pass this time even though he made that claim in 1977 -- long after the internet began evolving in the Air Force lab where I worked at the time. Besides, the poor schmuck is in even deeper doo doo now that both of the scientists who co-founded his man-made GW alarmism scam have now admitted it was a fraud from the get-go. Jones went even farther, admitting that it may have been hotter in the Medieval ages, even before Gore invented the SUV.

Mike \m/
blow

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 5:25 am    Post subject: paulpeter0002@yahoo.com Reply with quote

Now he wants to buy my Motorbike and I'm to phone him asap. Oddly his nember doesn't work! I'm in England.
??
daveofl

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey! I almost never post here, but I feel compelled. I have someone who is trying right now to pull almost exactly this same scam on me. He sent me an email regarding the Angulo Chango wave board I have for sale in the classified section. He says he is an agent representing a client who wants to buy my board. His english is terrible! I wanted him to pay by cashier's check or paypal, but he said he could only pay with a money order. He wants to arrange and pay for his own shipping. He seems to be in a big hurry and he wants to send the money order right now without even finding out how much shipping will cost. I talked to Sandy Point Progressive Sports about this today and they told me I am almost certainly being scammed. They said a money order is not as good as cash and it can bounce just like a personal check, especially if it's counterfeit, except you won't find out it bounced until up to a month later. I wrote the guy back and told him not to send a money order unless he's willing to wait up to a month for it to clear. So far he hasn't written back. He says his name is Peter Anderson. Seller beware!
windoggi

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

isobars wrote:

I was trying to be generous. Snopes says that by "create", Gore didn't mean "create", so I gave him a pass this time even though he made that claim in 1977 -- long after the internet began evolving in the Air Force lab where I worked at the time. Besides, the poor schmuck is in even deeper doo doo now that both of the scientists who co-founded his man-made GW alarmism scam have now admitted it was a fraud from the get-go. Jones went even farther, admitting that it may have been hotter in the Medieval ages, even before Gore invented the SUV.

Mike \m/

Mike, you need to stop being so damned predictable.

jp5

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

isobars wrote:
...there's no such thing as a free lunch.

Mike \m/

You should know Mr. $78 sandwich.
windoggi

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

78.00 plus tax

sandwich.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  20.58 KB
 Viewed:  18317 Time(s)

sandwich.jpg

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to: