myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Global cooling
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 360, 361, 362 ... 571, 572, 573  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
boggsman1

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr G...thanks for reasserting what I said in my post, and adding snark in an attempt to better yourself. No shit, Venezuela, and Nigeria are in OPEC, but if weaker players in the Cartel are crushed....Saudi's dominance when prices go back up will be magnified....Think of Saudi as Tony Soprano.... I have also included the North American production aspect of their goals, maybe you missed it. Continental Resources, Conoco, and many other highly indebted comapanies are cutting CapeX by billions....Mr G. for a guy with a ton of bravado, you really are quite clueless. The proof is in your pudding....not one mention of the 4mm/bd reduction in consumption from China/US...at the same time we are producing 5 mm/bd as you referenced above.
uwindsurf

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrgybe wrote:
Liberals whine about sending troops to defend oil overseas...

You are in favor of sending US troops overseas to defend oil reserves?
boggsman1

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr G...I appreciate your concern for my clients. We were up 18% last year, and the USO short was a big part of it, if you were a stock, I'd back the truck up and short you too Very Happy
coboardhead

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrgybe

Please do not reduce the value of remote locations in our country because they are rarely visited and, therefore, subject to exploitation at a higher level than areas you find, perhaps, more aesthetically pleasing.

I have spent a great deal of time kayaking, hiking and jeeping in remote areas in Utah...sometimes several days without coming across another human. An argument that has been used by gas producers in the area is the same as yours...no one will see it.

When we lose the outback in this country, we will lose an incredible asset. Just because it is not utilized, does not mean it does not have value. I understand our need for energy, but it is condescending to diminish this loss when we develop this resource.
mrgybe

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

youwindsurf wrote:
mrgybe wrote:
Liberals whine about sending troops to defend oil overseas...

You are in favor of sending US troops overseas to defend oil reserves?

I am in favor of removing the need to do that by developing our own reserves.
mrgybe

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

boggsman1 wrote:
Mr G...thanks for reasserting what I said in my post, and adding snark in an attempt to better yourself

Boggsy, Boggsy.........so sensitive today! Weak GDP numbers really aren't worth getting upset about!
boggsman1

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The real question is an economic one. Isnt it interesting that the country with the world's largest oil reserves, can turn on the spigot at any time, and we(US) need to move earth and machinery at a cost 4-5 times that of Saudi? Is it worth it? maybe ...maybe not
mrgybe

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

coboardhead wrote:
mrgybe

Please do not reduce the value of remote locations in our country because they are rarely visited and, therefore, subject to exploitation at a higher level than areas you find, perhaps, more aesthetically pleasing.

I have spent a great deal of time kayaking, hiking and jeeping in remote areas in Utah...sometimes several days without coming across another human. An argument that has been used by gas producers in the area is the same as yours...no one will see it.

When we lose the outback in this country, we will lose an incredible asset. Just because it is not utilized, does not mean it does not have value. I understand our need for energy, but it is condescending to diminish this loss when we develop this resource.

It's a question of priorities. About 1000 well heeled tourists a year visit ANWR. I'm sure every one of them wants the place to themselves so that they can commune with nature. Locking up billions of barrels of oil that would improve the country's energy security and lower prices for everyone, is too high a price to pay for inner peace of this tiny number of privileged people in my view. If it was spectacular like the Grand Canyon, fine. It is not. It is flat, rather uninteresting and downright barren in winter.
boggsman1

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrgybe wrote:
boggsman1 wrote:
Mr G...thanks for reasserting what I said in my post, and adding snark in an attempt to better yourself

Boggsy, Boggsy.........so sensitive today! Weak GDP numbers really aren't worth getting upset about!

We have had a handful of weak numbers recently(4 straight poor durable reports), and weak earnings(not Apple), setting up for a tough 2015.
mrgybe

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

boggsman1 wrote:
We have had a handful of weak numbers recently(4 straight poor durable reports), and weak earnings(not Apple), setting up for a tough 2015.

Is it possible you are beginning to understand the difference between being negative and being realistic!! Congratulations young man!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 360, 361, 362 ... 571, 572, 573  Next
Page 361 of 573

Jump to: