myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Global cooling
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 396, 397, 398 ... 571, 572, 573  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nw30

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2015 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GURGLETROUSERS wrote:

What does not make sense to me is the claim that the pause may be explained by the transferrence of surface heating to the deep oceans, AT THE EXPENSE of continued heating of the atmosphere. It can't just suddenly switch from one to the other, as they appear to be suggesting. You either have both together, or neither.

Yeah you can, all you have to do is change the language. For instance~
Climate change, you know what that means, winter is coming, and whatever happens, it's because of "climate change",,,,,,,, you can't lose.
techno900

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2015 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mac said:
Quote:
Hottest July on record. !40 years of record

I looked a bit to see how temperature histories are determined and what I found was a mass of complexities and measurements that have varied from decade to decade. I am not saying that global warming isn't happening, but I am saying that it's NOT settled science in my opinion. And if there is warming, what part is the result of man's impact.

I think we too often take sides based upon political bias, when we probably should be less opinionated. I am not convinced that we really know the full story, so I will keep an open mind. The world is working toward cleaner air and is making good progress. That in itself is good, even if it does nothing, or a lot to change global temperatures.

Spend a few minutes at the web site below and see how simple it is to determine global warming - or not.
[url]
http://appinsys.com/globalwarming/GW_Part2_GlobalTempMeasure.htm[/url]
mrgybe

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2015 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

techno900 wrote:
I am not convinced that we really know the full story, so I will keep an open mind.

Precisely. No one here is dismissing the possibility that warming might occur in the future. Rather they are stating the obvious........so many predictions have been so wrong, that to characterize the current state of the science as "settled" is absurd. Too many minds on the other side of the equation are closed. Raise legitimate questions about outlandish predictions that have failed to materialize and you are sneeringly dismissed as a denier or a carbon industry shill. Suggest that recent record breaking winters around the world don't seem to fit with dire warming predictions and you are cast as ans ignorant fool who doesn't understand the difference between climate and weather. However, make the dubious assertion that this July was the "hottest on record" and that is quite different.........that proves the predictions are correct!
boggsman1

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2015 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr G ..I read a few days ago that NOAA said July was the hottest month on record, why is it a "dubious assertion"? And when suggesting the world is having record breaking winters, you might also mention that the entire Western part of North America has had NO winter for the last four years, with way above normal temperatures, and ocean water temps that are 7-10 degrees above normal. You are right, balance is needed when discussing this issue.
swchandler

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2015 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Playing the victim mrgybe? You might want to take some lessons from isobars.
mrgybe

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2015 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

boggsman1 wrote:
Mr G ..I read a few days ago that NOAA said July was the hottest month on record, why is it a "dubious assertion"?.

Because the margin of uncertainty is greater than the reported temperature increase. Your Twitter sound bites probably didn't include that snippet.

boggsman1 wrote:
And when suggesting the world is having record breaking winters, you might also mention that the entire Western part of North America has had NO winter for the last four years, with way above normal temperatures, and ocean water temps that are 7-10 degrees above normal. You are right, balance is needed when discussing this issue.

You're missing the point aren't you? I can understand......you must be bewildered at the moment with the knowledge that US economy has not been ON FIRE!! for the last six years, and the realization that your candidate's next pant suit might have stripes!
jp5

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2015 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrgybe wrote:
... and the realization that your candidate's next pant suit might have stripes!

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
boggsman1

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2015 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JP, MR G...I know this the "global cooling" thread, but I think Hillary will be a great president...you guys can chillax a little and keep watching Trump steamroll the prospects of Scott Walker, and Jeb Bush.
BTW- things are on fire!!!SF condo's trading at $1750/sf. TESLA outperforming the market, biotech in STRATOSPHERE. Construction off the charts-cranes everywhere. Restaurants, malls, stores ALL packed. ON FIRE. yes
KGB-NP

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2015 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's all great Boggs, but any idea when I'll get my Tesla Powerwall?
jp5

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2015 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're right Boggs, the thought of her in a striped pant suit would make anyone go blind. Maybe she can have an orange one by Halloween? Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 396, 397, 398 ... 571, 572, 573  Next
Page 397 of 573

Jump to: