myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Global cooling
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 413, 414, 415 ... 571, 572, 573  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
isobars

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

techno900 wrote:
Fox sometimes goes overboard with their conservative bias, but so does MSNBC and some other liberal stations.

I don't have cable, so I don't see Fox that often, but I do like their Sunday regular network news where host Chris Wallace frequently has both liberal and conservative guests debating each other on popular issues. He also asks hard questions of conservative guests when they are on alone..

You may not realize that all Fox hosts do the same, or that many of Fox's hosts and official correspondents and commentators are raging, open, lifelong lefties. Besides, even their conservative inhouse talking heads usually offer proof, easily traced, of their claims. Their most conservative host by FAR, Hannity, often cites his sources. They read like a Who's Who list of primary sources: Census Bureau, FBI, OMB, etc. I like Wallace, too, but he capitulates too soon to guests from either side who refuse to answer questions.

I just saw Maddow's interview of Hillary about her emails testimony. "What did you guys do after your grueling 11-hour testimony?"

"We partied. Wine, beer, etc. Big yucks were had by all."

I couldn't watch any more, so I don't know whether Rachel asked Hillary why she lied to to the world (as per her own testimony and emails), including the dead SEALs' parents, about the cause of the attack.

I'll bet a good windsurfing board that she didn't.
mac

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is sad. Mrgybe is too senile to remember bragging about how successful the disinformation program by the oil companies has been in sowing doubt in the minds of many Americans. (It is neither sad nor surprising that Isobars brags about one of the paid shills as his go to source.)

This is funny--mrgybe thinks that I will spend time looking for exactly what he said by calling me out. I know what you said, and your denials and spin aren't worth spit.

So tell me this gybe--now that it has been revealed that Exxon has spent 30 years paying people to lie about global warming, what was your role? Did you cut the checks? Did you cash a check? Do you lie for free? Or do you spout nonsense about global warming because you simply don't understand physics?
swchandler

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"The truly informed look at both sides of the issue."

Seeming you and mygybe think that watching Fox News is some kind of notable standard worth watching. However, you have to remember that the right is well represented by other media sources, like the Washington Post and other reputable print/internet sources. There is no need to watch entertainment based 24/7 cable news networks to get exposure to views and opinions from the right, but maybe that angle is lost on you both. I'm sure that you've forgotten that I've been clear in the past about avoiding all 24/7 cable news networks, right or left.

mrgybe, should I put you in the same arena as isobars when it comes to where you get your news?
isobars

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.wsj.com/article_email/your-complete-guide-to-the-climate-debate-1448656890-lMyQjAxMTI1MjI5ODcyNzg0Wj

http://scienceblogs.com/gregladen/2015/11/30/matt-ridley-and-benny-peisers-misleading-guide-to-the-climate-debate

and the beat goes on.
mrgybe

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mac wrote:
This is sad. Mrgybe is too senile to remember bragging about how successful the disinformation program by the oil companies has been in sowing doubt in the minds of many Americans.

Liar. I repeat.........quote me. Oh, but wait.......

mac wrote:
This is funny--mrgybe thinks that I will spend time looking for exactly what he said by calling me out. I know what you said, and your denials and spin aren't worth spit.

Same response every time he is called out for a lie. Psst........Mac........even your fellow Democrats don't believe you any more. Don't make yourself look even more ridiculous.
mrgybe

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

swchandler wrote:
mrgybe, should I put you in the same arena as isobars when it comes to where you get your news?

I simply don't care which arena you put me in. The views of someone who routinely condemns the content of a network he never watches, and sneers at the people who do, are of no interest to me.

"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt." Abraham Lincoln
swchandler

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrgybe, in the end, we all decide how and where to send our time. I guess because I'm not interested in Fox News and what they're offering, you could see me in a poor light. That's your choice, but you're hardly an enlightened source or opinion here.

We all have to ask about any media source, how much crap are we willing to eat and swallow?
mac

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 10:05 pm    Post subject: e Reply with quote

mrgybe didn't answer the question. Why does he lie about global warming? Is he paid or ignorant?
yeeeeha

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

isobars wrote:
http://www.wsj.com/article_email/your-complete-guide-to-the-climate-debate-1448656890-lMyQjAxMTI1MjI5ODcyNzg0Wj

http://scienceblogs.com/gregladen/2015/11/30/matt-ridley-and-benny-peisers-misleading-guide-to-the-climate-debate

and the beat goes on.

Iso, you might find this a good read too.

https://medium.com/@pullnews/what-i-learned-about-climate-change-the-science-is-not-settled-1e3ae4712ace#.t0lkwanht
real-human

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 4:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeeeeha wrote:
isobars wrote:

and the beat goes on.

Iso, you might find this a good read too.

https://medium.com/@pullnews/what-i-learned-about-climate-change-the-science-is-not-settled-1e3ae4712ace#.t0lkwanht

too funny the guy just regurgitates other right wing propaganda, he is not even a scientist and he is your messiah... too funny that that you only follow non-scientists and bought scientists. you are just a lemming, willing to fall off a cliff in the name of a war for oil.

The only downside to not getting off petroleum and related energy such that we and all developed nations are energy independent is that the Koch brothers et all type companies/individuals will not have the money to buy/own the media and government. That the Middle East and Russia will not have the money to terrorise the rest of the world.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 413, 414, 415 ... 571, 572, 573  Next
Page 414 of 573

Jump to: