myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Global cooling
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 463, 464, 465 ... 571, 572, 573  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mat-ty

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cgoudie1 wrote:
One Ski resort still left open here in Utah, and snow on the way this Friday
for the valley floor. I'm still skiing! Anecdotal though it is, this Spring
has been a cool snowy one, and I like it!

-Craig (who will be changing his tune when he hits the Gorge in exactly 1 month)

GURGLETROUSERS wrote:
Yeah, spring is supposed to be earlier this year according to statistics, and the Guardian! But the weather over here seems oblivious to that 'fact'.

I've been kept awake the last two nights by my neighbours flower garden blooms shrieking out in agony at the frosts. (Back in cold spell, and winter wetsuit still needed.)

But hey, our climate will have its little joke. Doesn't it know that we in U.K. are setting an example to the rest of the world by cutting our CO2 emissions beyond that of all others? (They all talk the talk, and flood the forums with wailing, but we are walking the walk!)

Not that I care about flowers, or my neighbours. I prefer manly, non demanding in upkeep weeds. Highly adaptable to anything, they are! (Much like us battle hardened windsurfers.)

Of course it's the mighty Snowbird...love that place.....

We still have several open here in NE also.
mrgybe

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GURGLETROUSERS wrote:
Doesn't it know that we in U.K. are setting an example to the rest of the world by cutting our CO2 emissions beyond that of all others?

GT, Just spent a couple of weeks in Europe, including the UK. As you say, exceptionally cold temps once again, leaving many wishing the deep oceans would release some of that conveniently stored warmth! Fascinating, but entirely predictable, that government "green" policies have been a disaster. Aside from inefficient windmills, large scale purchase of diesel vehicles and wood burning stoves, spurred by government green incentives, are now seen as the root of significant degradation in air quality. Leave it to poorly informed lifelong bureaucrats with no common sense to screw it up yet again.
mac

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrgybe wrote:
GURGLETROUSERS wrote:
Doesn't it know that we in U.K. are setting an example to the rest of the world by cutting our CO2 emissions beyond that of all others?

GT, Just spent a couple of weeks in Europe, including the UK. As you say, exceptionally cold temps once again, leaving many wishing the deep oceans would release some of that conveniently stored warmth! Fascinating, but entirely predictable, that government "green" policies have been a disaster. Aside from inefficient windmills, large scale purchase of diesel vehicles and wood burning stoves, spurred by government green incentives, are now seen as the root of significant degradation in air quality. Leave it to poorly informed lifelong bureaucrats with no common sense to screw it up yet again.

So much happy horseshit from a man who made money selling addictive substances. As usual, speaks with assurance, no facts, reasoning or citation, only a conclusion that matches professional bias.

So a few facts. Because of government regulation, resisted by mrgybe and his buddies, the air in virtually all cities in the United States is dramatically cleaner than it was 40 years ago--despite higher population levels. For the Los Angeles air basin, the highest ozone level in 1976 was 0.38 ppm--about 5 times higher than the health standard. In 2010, that level was down to 0.143, despite an increase in population of about 50%.

Gybe's buddies argue that we don't need regulation any more. Nonsense. LA basin levels are still twice the standard needed to protect children's health. Implementing things that aren't obvious--like electrifying equipment used in gardening--is essential to achieve lower smog levels. Pants on fire, yet again.
GURGLETROUSERS

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 3:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr. Gybes assertion that some 'Government green policies have been a disaster' AS APPLIED TO THE U.K., is correct!

He did not mention America, or L.A., nor did he speak with a bias lacking any facts. That is entirely your fabrication!

Previous of our governments who were totally enthrall to the global warming worst scenario propaganda, took the reduction of atmospheric CO2 pollution as the main objective, above all other considerations, regardless of consequential problems. The present diesel fiasco is the result of that reasoning.

Everyone was exhorted to swap petrol for diesel (tax incentives) because diesel produced less atmospheric CO2. Completely ignored was the fact that diesel produces far more dangerous pollution which is now claimed to be damaging our health, and causing countless premature deaths! The problem is now so serious that the government are about to introduce a doiesel scrappae scheme, and drivers of such vehicles are now to be clobbered with pollution taxes to enter densely populated urban areas. All this after telling us all to buy diesel to prevent global warming. Incredible incompetence from idots!

As I read Mr. Gybes claim - THAT was his main point!
mrgybe

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GT, Of course it was about the UK and the facts I cited were accurate. It must be obvious to all that anything I post will cause him to leap immediately to his keyboard to call names and respond with irrelevancies. Feel compassion for him. He is unhappy with his life. But also have some understanding. He has been groomed by his environment. He attended the most left wing college in the country and then chose to live there to be close to like minded far left people. They will not tolerate any opposing view and will resort to violence to shut down free speech. Just today, the visit of yet another right wing commentator was cancelled because the college could not guarantee her safety from the enlightened left. Comments from a CNN contributor summed it up..........

"Berkeley should be the epicenter of the marketplace of ideas. Unfortunately, it has become the most intolerant place in America. I would feel more comfortable preaching for Sharia law in rural Mississippi than I would feel challenging the wage gap theory or speaking out against anti-Asian discrimination in admissions at Berkeley. In Mississippi, I would likely be ignored. Jeered at worst. In Berkeley, if you do not adhere to the Leftist orthodoxy, your speech is branded "hate speech," and out come the shock troops to physically attack you or anyone who wants to listen to you."

This is who he is.
mrgybe

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Incidentally GT, the cold weather in the UK did offer numerous opportunities for pork pies, sausage rolls, fish and chips, steak and ale pies and a variety of liquids with which to wash them down. The breakfast of champions!
GURGLETROUSERS

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

By gum!!

And here's me on a strict cycling diet so that I can storm up them thar hills and mountain passes, on my new road bike, and whop any others approaching my age group. (80 in seven months time, and loving it!)
mac

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrgybe wrote:
GT, Of course it was about the UK and the facts I cited were accurate. It must be obvious to all that anything I post will cause him to leap immediately to his keyboard to call names and respond with irrelevancies. Feel compassion for him. He is unhappy with his life. But also have some understanding. He has been groomed by his environment. He attended the most left wing college in the country and then chose to live there to be close to like minded far left people. They will not tolerate any opposing view and will resort to violence to shut down free speech. Just today, the visit of yet another right wing commentator was cancelled because the college could not guarantee her safety from the enlightened left. Comments from a CNN contributor summed it up..........

"Berkeley should be the epicenter of the marketplace of ideas. Unfortunately, it has become the most intolerant place in America. I would feel more comfortable preaching for Sharia law in rural Mississippi than I would feel challenging the wage gap theory or speaking out against anti-Asian discrimination in admissions at Berkeley. In Mississippi, I would likely be ignored. Jeered at worst. In Berkeley, if you do not adhere to the Leftist orthodoxy, your speech is branded "hate speech," and out come the shock troops to physically attack you or anyone who wants to listen to you."

This is who he is.

Make up a fact, avoid taking responsibility. Mrgybe made no argument, cited no facts, and once again used an anecdote to draw an overwhelming conclusion that regulation and bureaucrats are bad. The inability to distinguish an incident from a trend, state a clear rationale for a conclusion--or take responsibilities for the lack of clarity in communication--are characteristic of a mind that cannot think critically.

It may well be true that some policies in the UK are counterproductive. A coherent argument might identify such policies, their basis, and why they are wrong. I make no pretense of understanding all, or even many aspects of energy policy in the UK. That's why an actual argument is welcome. Broad unsupported conclusions are not.

GT--I well understand that mrgybe, having insulted and offended everyone on the forum to the left of Ann Coulter, takes pains to flatter you on issues of climate. I hope you don't feel smarmed by it.
nw30

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mac wrote:

GT--I well understand that mrgybe, having insulted and offended everyone on the forum to the left of Ann Coulter, takes pains to flatter you on issues of climate. I hope you don't feel smarmed by it.

GT-- I hope you're wearing your wellies.

Berkeley trying to act like he cares, don't hurt yourself, it's so not Berkeley'esk.
mac

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And your hero Ann Coulter bailed out because she couldn't get her money--but your boyfriends with ax handles are here.

Quote:
KCBS reported (http://cbsloc.al/2qiK5yi ) that Gavin McInnes, founder of the pro-Trump "Proud Boys," said he will speak in the afternoon at Martin Luther King Jr. Civic Center Park and encouraged other groups to help make a large showing at the gathering.

The group on its Facebook page calls itself a fraternal organization aimed at "reinstating a spirit of Western chauvinism during an age of globalism and multiculturalism." It said it supports minimal government and is also "anti-political correctness, anti-racial guilt, pro-gun rights, anti-Drug War, closed borders." Another group called the Orange County Alt Right Group planned a rally in the same place.

In emails to The Associated Press on Wednesday, Coulter confirmed that her planned speech on illegal immigration, followed by a question-answer session, was canceled. But she remained coy about what she might do instead.

For those unfamiliar with dog whistles, that would be a white supremacy group, and a bigot with long hair. You must be so proud.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 463, 464, 465 ... 571, 572, 573  Next
Page 464 of 573

Jump to: