myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Global cooling
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 493, 494, 495 ... 571, 572, 573  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nw30

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mac wrote:
MalibuGuru wrote:
mac wrote:
Just to give you knuckledraggers some idea of the science that is going on: http://sealevel2017.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=7&Itemid=113

Consensus is not science FYI.

Very funny fool. That was an agenda for an international sea level rise conference. Dozens of people measuring sea level rise. I guess if they agree that the measurements show a rise it must be a consensus--and thus not science.

You fit in well with the 58% of Republicans who think that higher education is bad for America. It's fools and fascists that are bad for America.

A bit of review~
nw30 wrote:
"mac, now you're making me laugh because you can't figure out the point.
I'll try to make it simpler for you.
You can gain control of the climate all you want, stop any increase in the Earth's average temperature, hell you can even drop the mean temp a few degrees, I don't care. But the net result with that will have no effect at stopping the ocean levels to rise, nothing can stop that, it's impossible.
And you talk math,,,,,,,,, I'll talk geology."

mac wrote:
"My graduate work was on the sources of sediment to Monterey Bay. To give you a sense of scale, the Salinas River might contribute a cubic mile of sediment--every 100 years or so. Cumulatively, the rivers of the world don't contribute enough sediment to account for sea level rise, no matter what Fox News told you.

If you want to talk geology, and erosion from land, your have forgotten both sources and facts. In California, erosion from cliffs is approximately the same magnitude as river sediment. But the reason for that is the rise of sea level and the construction of dams. Between 20,000 years ago and 8,000 years ago, sea level rose rapidly (glaciers melted), and sedimentation was very rapid. There are tens, if not hundreds, of feet of sediment in bays and valleys. But the lower sea level slowed the transport of sediment to the coast, and dam construction has virtually stopped it."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
So all the rivers throughout the world have been damed up, I'll be damned! Who knew? I know where you can get a great deal on the Brooklyn Bridge.
Sediment is caused by rain, but it hasn't stopped raining, never will, so the dams that are on some rivers have to control their water levels during the stormy seasons, the outflow is not sediment free, as well as not always released from surface overflows, but deep water gates or valves. I won't even mention the Oroville Dam overflow, oops, I did, nice clean sediment free water.
And if you need a review on all the new islands and underwater volcanos forming in all the oceans, you'll have to go about 4 pages back, because you know they all contribute.

As for "the 58% of Republicans who think that higher education is bad for America", not surprised at all, most all of the higher Ivy league type colleges and universities are now run by the liberal elites, have been for about 30 years at least. So it is entirely understandable that you feel the way you do, based on your "graduate work", you've been steered.
One reason I went with Architecture, very little politics in that, almost none, we were taught to explore all our options, not only in design, but in the way we think as well. We apply it to everything.
mac

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NW--did you come up with this silly idea all on your own, or did you get a prompt from Alex Jones? I guess if you can't do basic math you can't even comprehend the difference between first, second, and third order factors. But for someone that knows anything about hydrology and geology, it is a stupid idea, and doubling down on it makes you look even more foolish. But none of that is surprising.
nw30

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have no problems with anything you say about me, because I'm hardly not alone with not being willing to ride on your elitist coat tails and beliefs, or anyone else that's just like you. Dean comes to mind right off the top.

Triple down, there is nothing that anyone can do to prevent the ocean levels from rising, that includes growing glaciers all you want.
mac

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps you need to learn the difference between educated and elitist. Or just continue to seethe with resentment. It's making America a banana republic.
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mac wrote:
Perhaps you need to learn the difference between educated and elitist. Or just continue to seethe with resentment. It's making America a banana republic.

Your constituents are creating the banana republic Mac
mac

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ivanka the purse maker at G-20 and Donald Jr. conspiring with the Russkies? Makes North Korea look sane. Banana Republic, crooks at the helm. Trump's only real interest is steering business to his hotels--where he goes, and requires others to go, ever three days.

At least Obama could golf. Pathetic. America is a laughing stock--and voters like you are the reason.
mrgybe

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mac wrote:
Ivanka the purse maker at G-20

Once again, demeaning remarks about an accomplished woman. Just like referring to Melania Trump as a gold digger. Remember this next time he squeals misogyny. BTW, President Trump is a far superior golfer to his predecessor, who was accurately described by Michael Jordan as "a hack" and "a sh*tty golfer".
mac

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's hard to tell what is most absurd here in gybe's latest screed. Defending sending a shoe and purse designer, who has manufactured materials overseas in sweat shops, to a diplomatic conference? Ignoring the absurd allegation that rivers are causing sea level rise? Or defending Trump's more than 20 golfing trips--so far--to Trump properties where he makes money?

I'll give you that Trump may be a better golfer than Obama, after all, he can't seem to find anything better to do.

Very funny.
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

According to the report, which has been peer reviewed by administrators, scientists and researchers from the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), The Massachusetts Institute of Technology (M.I.T.), and several of America’s leading universities, the data is completely bunk:

In this research report, the most important surface data adjustment issues are identified and past changes in the previously reported historical data are quantified. It was found that each new version of GAST has nearly always exhibited a steeper warming linear trend over its entire history. And, it was nearly always accomplished by systematically removing the previously existing cyclical temperature pattern. This was true for all three entities providing GAST data measurement, NOAA, NASA and Hadley CRU.

As a result, this research sought to validate the current estimates of GAST using the best available relevant data. This included the best documented and understood data sets from the U.S. and elsewhere as well as global data from satellites that provide far more extensive global coverage and are not contaminated by bad siting and urbanization impacts. Satellite data integrity also benefits from having cross checks with Balloon data.

The conclusive findings of this research are that the three GAST data sets are not a valid representation of reality. In fact, the magnitude of their historical data adjustments, that removed their cyclical temperature patterns, are totally inconsistent with published and credible U.S. and other temperature data. Thus, it is impossible to conclude from the three published GAST data sets that recent years have been the warmest ever –despite current claims of record setting warming.

Finally, since GAST data set validity is a necessary condition for EPA’s GHG/CO2 Endangerment Finding, it too is invalidated by these research findings. (Full Abstract Report)
Of course, this won’t stop global climate normalcy deniers from saying it’s all one big conspiracy to destroy the earth. They’ll naturally argue that data adjustments to the temperatures need to be made for a variety of reasons, which is something the report doesn’t dispute. What it does show, however, is that these “adjustments” always prove to be to the upside. Always warmer, never cooler:

Iowa, global warming is bullshit
swchandler

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Come on Bard, why plagiarize other folks' work? You need to be more honest about what you do and where you look for your news and information, particularly when sharing it here.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 493, 494, 495 ... 571, 572, 573  Next
Page 494 of 573

Jump to: