myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Global cooling
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 569, 570, 571, 572, 573  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KGB-NP

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

swchandler wrote:
NP, why don't you fill us in? Hey, you posted the negative political cartoon, so I figure you had an agenda.

Political? How so? It’s a cartoon about scientists and their claims about climate over time, or maybe it’s a cartoon about evolution.

swchandler

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NP, where did you find the cartoon?
mac

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KGB-NP wrote:
swchandler wrote:
NP, why don't you fill us in? Hey, you posted the negative political cartoon, so I figure you had an agenda.

Political? How so? It’s a cartoon about scientists and their claims about climate over time, or maybe it’s a cartoon about evolution.

No its not. It's an example of conservative cherry-picking, which appeals emotionally to those who reflexively distrust those who did well in school, don't actually understand what scientists have said over time, and have an urge to troll. Provided, of course, without a source.

I have sea level rise documents going back to the 1980's, and I am well aware of outlandish claims on both sides of how the actual current of science has flowed.
mat-ty

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mac wrote:
KGB-NP wrote:
swchandler wrote:

No its not. It's an example of conservative cherry-picking, which appeals emotionally to those who reflexively distrust those who did well in school, don't actually understand what scientists have said over time, and have an urge to troll. Provided, of course, without a source.

I have sea level rise documents going back to the 1980's, and I am well aware of outlandish claims on both sides of how the actual current of science has flowed.

Those who did well in school??....You're the biggest moron I have ever encounted. Arrogant know nothing....you're just pissed you spent your life in a cubicle, made nothing and only got a cheap plaque when you retired.....
nw30

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mac wrote:

Everybody has those sea level records, big woop, not sure why you always tout those, the sea levels are going to rise no matter what, they always have been and will continue to. It's not about global warming as much as it is physics and the always changing geography.
I'm not going to post pics of all those major river deltas that keep growing everyday, again, or the growing area of the Big Island, as two, of many, obvious examples.
But the harbor dredgers are a happy bunch, they have to keep dredging the harbors over and over and over again. It's a maintenance job that will never end.
mac

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nw30 wrote:
mac wrote:

Everybody has those sea level records, big woop, not sure why you always tout those, the sea levels are going to rise no matter what, they always have been and will continue to. It's not about global warming as much as it is physics and the always changing geography.
I'm not going to post pics of all those major river deltas that keep growing everyday, again, or the growing area of the Big Island, as two, of many, obvious examples.
But the harbor dredgers are a happy bunch, they have to keep dredging the harbors over and over and over again. It's a maintenance job that will never end.

Hysterical. One of the stupidest posts ever, from one of the three stooges. Who fed you that—and why did you swallow?

If someone could think critically, they would think to check and compare the sediment discharge of all the rivers in the world with the volume of the ocean. Not even a drop in the swimming pool. If you knew that the oceans cover 70% of the surface of the globe, and are as deep as the Mariana’s Trench, you would know that whatever source funded by big carbon that fed you that was full of shit. But then you would have had to pay attention to facts at some stage of your life to be able to think.
mat-ty

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mac wrote:
nw30 wrote:
mac wrote:

Hysterical. One of the stupidest posts ever, from one of the three stooges. Who fed you that—and why did you swallow?

If someone could think critically, they would think to check and compare the sediment discharge of all the rivers in the world with the volume of the ocean. Not even a drop in the swimming pool. If you knew that the oceans cover 70% of the surface of the globe, and are as deep as the Mariana’s Trench, you would know that whatever source funded by big carbon that fed you that was full of shit. But then you would have had to pay attention to facts at some stage of your life to be able to think.

Mac the Critical Thinker, AKA the biggest asshole on earth. Can anyone stand to be in a room with you for more than five minutes?? I truly hope for your sake you are not such a dink in person..
isobars

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

New Nobel laureate economist Nordhaus agrees with the IPCC that limiting temperatures to 2.7 degrees F above pre-industrial level is economically and practically impossible unless and until carbon fuels are replaced by currently immature technologies. Even optimistic models with standards relaxed by another 5 degrees and another 78 years would net losses in the tens of trillions of dollars. The whole article is in last Wednesday's WSJ article titled, "U.N. Ignores Economics of Climate".

Mac will dispute that extreme condensation, of course, but a) he would dispute gravity if it suited his agenda and b) parsing my condensation rather than disputing the highly researched article is avoiding the real issue.
mac

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matty—I just love it when you and NW and Malibu Isobars post really stupid things about climate change that you get from right wing sites. You don’t have the decency to give your sources—or any basic physics to understand what a stupid claim you’ve just posted. These posts show you know almost nothing. And when right wing assholes think they’ve got something thats shows climate chyange is not a problem, or not a result of burning carbon—it shows they understand nothing—I’m going to rub their stupid noses in it.

If you guys were capable of shame or embarassment, you might actually think something through before making stupid claims. But I’m not holding my breath Which village in Massachusetts is missing its idiot?
mat-ty

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mac wrote:
Matty—I just love it when you and NW and Malibu Isobars post really stupid things about climate change that you get from right wing sites. You don’t have the decency to give your sources—or any basic physics to understand what a stupid claim you’ve just posted. These posts show you know almost nothing. And when right wing assholes think they’ve got something thats shows climate chyange is not a problem, or not a result of burning carbon—it shows they understand nothing—I’m going to rub their stupid noses in it.

If you guys were capable of shame or embarassment, you might actually think something through before making stupid claims. But I’m not holding my breath Which village in Massachusetts is missing its idiot?

I'm sure the village idiot can spell "change" you stupid shit... Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

When did I ever say burning carbon was not a problem ?????? I just don't subscribe to the fear mongering and GROSS EXAGGERATION from the left.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 569, 570, 571, 572, 573  Next
Page 570 of 573

Jump to: