myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Global cooling
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 570, 571, 572, 573  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nw30

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mac wrote:
Matty—I just love it when you and NW and Malibu Isobars post really stupid things about climate change that you get from right wing sites. You don’t have the decency to give your sources—or any basic physics to understand what a stupid claim you’ve just posted. These posts show you know almost nothing. And when right wing assholes think they’ve got something thats shows climate chyange is not a problem, or not a result of burning carbon—it shows they understand nothing—I’m going to rub their stupid noses in it.

If you guys were capable of shame or embarassment, you might actually think something through before making stupid claims. But I’m not holding my breath Which village in Massachusetts is missing its idiot?

You just made be blow a snot bubble out of my unrubbed nose with laughter.
And who you talking to, your fictitious wide audience?
You're becoming unhinged again, settle down boy.
KGB-NP

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

swchandler wrote:
NP, where did you find the cartoon?

Copied it from a friend's FB page. No idea of the source.

KGB-NP

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mac wrote:
, which appeals emotionally to those who reflexively distrust those who did well in school, don't actually understand what scientists have said over time, and have an urge to troll. Provided, of course, without a source.

A reflexive distrust of those who did well in school? That's actually pretty funny considering the people I associate with. Mac, keep in mind, I was enrolled in university and pulled the plug when I realized that I had found something that I truly loved. At the time I figured why go to university when I could make an awesome income at something I already loved doing, and I'm great at. In hindsight, I made the right choice for myself. If it makes you somehow feel superior that you went to university, then so be it. That's more of a statement about your unchecked ego than anything. But hey, look on the bright side, it's pretty evident that people like yourself with the same attitude, and labels like "deplorables" got Trump elected.

mac

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KGB-NP wrote:
mac wrote:
, which appeals emotionally to those who reflexively distrust those who did well in school, don't actually understand what scientists have said over time, and have an urge to troll. Provided, of course, without a source.

A reflexive distrust of those who did well in school? That's actually pretty funny considering the people I associate with. Mac, keep in mind, I was enrolled in university and pulled the plug when I realized that I had found something that I truly loved. At the time I figured why go to university when I could make an awesome income at something I already loved doing, and I'm great at. In hindsight, I made the right choice for myself. If it makes you somehow feel superior that you went to university, then so be it. That's more of a statement about your unchecked ego than anything. But hey, look on the bright side, it's pretty evident that people like yourself with the same attitude, and labels like "deplorables" got Trump elected.

Ahh, the urge to troll. Like posting something from facebook without bothering to check it factually--or give its source. The message of the cartoon is that scientists are whacky, you don't have to listen to them, and you can feel superior to them because you aren't whacky.

the cartoon does not remotely represent climate science or the growth of understanding that has grown about the physics of climate change. The last IPCC report reflecting over 6,000 technical papers and more than 42,000 comments. More than 130 authors were involved in the preparation. The UN just came out with a report https://oceanconservancy.org/blog/2018/10/11/climate-change-ocean-stark-message-ipcc/?ea.tracking.id=18HPXGJAXX&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIydOO-pKO3gIVkcJkCh3V7wJIEAAYASAAEgJOTvD_BwE

stressing how much change we are seeing now, rather than at higher temperature increases when such changes were expected. And California issued guidance this year, based on last year's "Rising Seas in California" technical report.

I haven't read very many of the underlying papers, but the lead author of the California report is a friend and colleague I have worked with since the 1980's. Unlike the deniers who post and repost nonsense on this forum, he is careful and not remotely sensational.

I understand that the basis of the denier drivel posted here is belief, not fact. I also understand the dynamic--you can continue to believe whatever you want, rather than inconvenient truths, if you just ignore facts.

I believe that citizenship involves a responsibility to understand, not just to make snarky comments. How silly of me.
nw30

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mac wrote:

I believe that citizenship involves a responsibility to understand, not just to make snarky comments. How silly of me.

As you illustrated in your post that I quoted at the top of this page.
Hypocrite.
KGB-NP

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mac wrote:

The message of the cartoon is that scientists are whacky, you don't have to listen to them, and you can feel superior to them because you aren't whacky.

Nope, that's the message of the cartoon the way YOU see it.

swchandler

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NP, don't pretend to be so naive and empty-headed. "Oh, I got it from a friend's Facebook account." That response is totally pathetic.

The cartoon is politically based propaganda crafted to present the idea that the scientific community is wacky, just like mac pointed out. Sure, I think that we've heard some outrageous projections in the past. All cherry-picked to throw a questionable light on science.

Let's not be so foolish. Yet, you have to wonder about this kind of propaganda, and why it's being used.

Believe me, it's all about making billions avoiding the changes that we need to be investing in. Wise up.
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nw30 wrote:
mac wrote:
Matty—I just love it when you and NW and Malibu Isobars post really stupid things about climate change that you get from right wing sites. You don’t have the decency to give your sources—or any basic physics to understand what a stupid claim you’ve just posted. These posts show you know almost nothing. And when right wing assholes think they’ve got something thats shows climate chyange is not a problem, or not a result of burning carbon—it shows they understand nothing—I’m going to rub their stupid noses in it.

If you guys were capable of shame or embarassment, you might actually think something through before making stupid claims. But I’m not holding my breath Which village in Massachusetts is missing its idiot?

You just made be blow a snot bubble out of my unrubbed nose with laughter.
And who you talking to, your fictitious wide audience?
You're becoming unhinged again, settle down boy.

Shh, calm down Mac. Soon you'll expend your last CO2 as you age into oblivion. Enjoy this perfect weather. Amazing beautiful blue sky. Wasn't it a great summer of sailing up there?
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

swchandler wrote:
NP, don't pretend to be so naive and empty-headed. "Oh, I got it from a friend's Facebook account." That response is totally pathetic.

The cartoon is politically based propaganda crafted to present the idea that the scientific community is wacky, just like mac pointed out. Sure, I think that we've heard some outrageous projections in the past. All cherry-picked to throw a questionable light on science.

Let's not be so foolish. Yet, you have to wonder about this kind of propaganda, and why it's being used.

Believe me, it's all about making billions avoiding the changes that we need to be investing in. Wise up.

Funny
swchandler

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Outside the globing warming thing, I'd love to see Donald Trump dice it up with Senator Warren. Not that I'm all in with Warren, but she could prove to be a handful for a punch drunk Trump. In a couple years, Trump will be showing the signs of wear. How can he carry the weight of all his lies by then?

Talking about now, how is Trump going to handle the one million dollar DNA challenge that he taunted Warren with in July? With the pathetic denial that he is leading with now, especially given he's on record of having offered it, how will he sell it? Let's see how he attempts to weasel out of his promise.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 570, 571, 572, 573  Next
Page 571 of 573

Jump to: