myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Global cooling
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 571, 572, 573  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mat-ty

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

swchandler wrote:
Outside the globing warming thing, I'd love to see Donald Trump dice it up with Senator Warren. Not that I'm all in with Warren, but she could prove to be a handful for a punch drunk Trump. In a couple years, Trump will be showing the signs of wear. How can he carry the weight of all his lies by then?

Talking about now, how is Trump going to handle the one million dollar DNA challenge that he taunted Warren with in July? With the pathetic denial that he is leading with now, especially given he's on record of having offered it, how will he sell it? Let's see how he attempts to weasel out of his promise.

Her DNA test proved nothing nitwit, only that there is a slim chance of possible Columbian, Purivian heritage, as little as 1/1024, in other words she is 99.9% caucasian.. She made a complete fool of herself and is the laughing stock of the country.. She is a complete clown and Trump would destroy her in a debate, it would be laughable!!!!!!!!!

Please, I beg you, make her the democratic nominee.....
real-human

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mat-ty wrote:
swchandler wrote:
Outside the globing warming thing, I'd love to see Donald Trump dice it up with Senator Warren. Not that I'm all in with Warren, but she could prove to be a handful for a punch drunk Trump. In a couple years, Trump will be showing the signs of wear. How can he carry the weight of all his lies by then?

Talking about now, how is Trump going to handle the one million dollar DNA challenge that he taunted Warren with in July? With the pathetic denial that he is leading with now, especially given he's on record of having offered it, how will he sell it? Let's see how he attempts to weasel out of his promise.

Her DNA test proved nothing nitwit, only that there is a slim chance of possible Columbian, Purivian heritage, as little as 1/1024, in other words she is 99.9% caucasian.. She made a complete fool of herself and is the laughing stock of the country.. She is a complete clown and Trump would destroy her in a debate, it would be laughable!!!!!!!!!

really she is not 100%, gosh you morons just figured that out... not 10% and you morons could not figure that out... I believe she claimed a great or great great grandparent linage. So do the math,, math low-level thinkers.

idiot trump claimed he had more amaican indian blood in him and he has ZERO... so pay up he did not define anything but greater than 0. ooops we are talking about logic and percentage to a high school flunkie...

mac

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nw30 wrote:
mac wrote:
Matty—I just love it when you and NW and Malibu Isobars post really stupid things about climate change that you get from right wing sites. You don’t have the decency to give your sources—or any basic physics to understand what a stupid claim you’ve just posted. These posts show you know almost nothing. And when right wing assholes think they’ve got something thats shows climate chyange is not a problem, or not a result of burning carbon—it shows they understand nothing—I’m going to rub their stupid noses in it.

If you guys were capable of shame or embarassment, you might actually think something through before making stupid claims. But I’m not holding my breath Which village in Massachusetts is missing its idiot?

You just made be blow a snot bubble out of my unrubbed nose with laughter.
And who you talking to, your fictitious wide audience?
You're becoming unhinged again, settle down boy.

Come on NW, sand-bag me some more with stories about how the rivers are causing sea level rise. Or better yet, tell me all you know about dredging—I have a thimble that I can put it in.
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we could put all ms13 into the dirt, the earth would cool down.
mat-ty

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mat-ty wrote:
swchandler wrote:

She thought the media would cover her ass with her pathetic DNA test...NOT!!!

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/why-many-native-americans-are-angry-with-elizabeth-warren/ar-BBOwuFW?ocid=spartanntp
mat-ty

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mat-ty wrote:
swchandler wrote:

She thought the media would cover her ass with her pathetic DNA test...NOT!!!

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/why-many-native-americans-are-angry-with-elizabeth-warren/ar-BBOwuFW?ocid=spartanntp
mac

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keep up the nasty misogyny. Don't actually pay any attention to facts. I'm not bullish on Elizabeth Warren--but I loathe misogyny and bigotry.

Fact Checker Analysis
Just about everything you’ve read on the Warren DNA test is wrong
Just about everything you've read on the Warren DNA test is wrong
Reporters and politicians rushed to say her DNA test shows she was only 1/1024th Native American. But that's a huge misinterpretation of the data. (Meg Kelly/The Washington Post)

Quote:
By Glenn Kessler
October 18 at 3:00 AM
“Warren might even be less Native American than the average European American.”

— news release from the Republican National Committee, Oct. 15, 2018

“Pocahontas (the bad version), sometimes referred to as Elizabeth Warren, is getting slammed. She took a bogus DNA test and it showed that she may be 1/1024, far less than the average American.”

— President Trump, in a tweet, Oct. 16

After being egged on by President Trump, Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-Mass.) released the results of a DNA test Oct. 15 that indicated that she had a Native American ancestor.

The results — which identified Native American DNA from six to 10 generations ago — were immediately misinterpreted.

It started with a Boston Globe report, which initially indicated that the test showed she was at best 1/32nd Native American and possibly just 1/512th Native American. After confessing twice to a math error, the Globe corrected the numbers to 1/64th and 1/1024th Native American. That would translate to between 98.44 percent and 99.9 percent not Native American.

The RNC then issued a news release directing reporters to a 2014 New York Times report that said “European-Americans had genomes that were on average 98.6 percent European, .19 percent African, and .18 Native American.” So it sounded like Warren had less Native American DNA than the average European-American.

We even issued a tweet along these lines (at a moment when the Globe still indicated the range was between 1/32nd and 1/1024th):

(Twitter)
But it turns out reporters and politicians are not very good at understanding genetics. So we will set the record straight, after reviewing the results in detail and consulting with genetics experts.

The Facts
Warren’s DNA was sequenced and analyzed by a group led by Carlos Bustamante, a well-regarded Stanford University geneticist. Researchers studied a fraction — far less than 1/1000th — of Warren’s DNA, and then compared it to the DNA of 148 people from Finland, Italy, Spain, China, Nigeria and North and South America. Additional comparison was done with 185 individuals from Utah and Great Britain.

As one might expect, the vast majority of Warren’s DNA indicated European ancestors. But five genetic segments were identified, with 99 percent confidence, as being associated with Native American ancestry. The largest segment identified was on Chromosome 10.

“While the vast majority of the individual’s ancestry is European, the results strongly support the existence of an unadmixed Native American ancestor in the individual’s pedigree, likely in the range of 6-10 generations ago,” the report said.

Here’s where the reporting went off course. The report said that Warren had 10 times more Native American ancestry than the reference set from Utah, and 12 times more than the set from Britain. The report also said that the long segment on Chromosome 10 indicated that the DNA came from a relatively recent ancestor.
mat-ty

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mac wrote:
Keep up the nasty misogyny. Don't actually pay any attention to facts. I'm not bullish on Elizabeth Warren--but I loathe misogyny and bigotry.

Fact Checker Analysis
Just about everything you’ve read on the Warren DNA test is wrong
Just about everything you've read on the Warren DNA test is wrong
Reporters and politicians rushed to say her DNA test shows she was only 1/1024th Native American. But that's a huge misinterpretation of the data. (Meg Kelly/The Washington Post)

Quote:
By Glenn Kessler
October 18 at 3:00 AM
“Warren might even be less Native American than the average European American.”

— news release from the Republican National Committee, Oct. 15, 2018

“Pocahontas (the bad version), sometimes referred to as Elizabeth Warren, is getting slammed. She took a bogus DNA test and it showed that she may be 1/1024, far less than the average American.”

— President Trump, in a tweet, Oct. 16

After being egged on by President Trump, Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-Mass.) released the results of a DNA test Oct. 15 that indicated that she had a Native American ancestor.

The results — which identified Native American DNA from six to 10 generations ago — were immediately misinterpreted.

It started with a Boston Globe report, which initially indicated that the test showed she was at best 1/32nd Native American and possibly just 1/512th Native American. After confessing twice to a math error, the Globe corrected the numbers to 1/64th and 1/1024th Native American. That would translate to between 98.44 percent and 99.9 percent not Native American.

The RNC then issued a news release directing reporters to a 2014 New York Times report that said “European-Americans had genomes that were on average 98.6 percent European, .19 percent African, and .18 Native American.” So it sounded like Warren had less Native American DNA than the average European-American.

We even issued a tweet along these lines (at a moment when the Globe still indicated the range was between 1/32nd and 1/1024th):

(Twitter)
But it turns out reporters and politicians are not very good at understanding genetics. So we will set the record straight, after reviewing the results in detail and consulting with genetics experts.

The Facts
Warren’s DNA was sequenced and analyzed by a group led by Carlos Bustamante, a well-regarded Stanford University geneticist. Researchers studied a fraction — far less than 1/1000th — of Warren’s DNA, and then compared it to the DNA of 148 people from Finland, Italy, Spain, China, Nigeria and North and South America. Additional comparison was done with 185 individuals from Utah and Great Britain.

As one might expect, the vast majority of Warren’s DNA indicated European ancestors. But five genetic segments were identified, with 99 percent confidence, as being associated with Native American ancestry. The largest segment identified was on Chromosome 10.

“While the vast majority of the individual’s ancestry is European, the results strongly support the existence of an unadmixed Native American ancestor in the individual’s pedigree, likely in the range of 6-10 generations ago,” the report said.

Here’s where the reporting went off course. The report said that Warren had 10 times more Native American ancestry than the reference set from Utah, and 12 times more than the set from Britain. The report also said that the long segment on Chromosome 10 indicated that the DNA came from a relatively recent ancestor.

How do you feel about stolen ethnicity for personal gain????? That's exactly what the little bitch did. Sort of like another liberal DB Blumentahl who was caught using STOLEN VALOR..

Mac has selective outrage like most shitbags on the left.
mac

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I knew you couldn't read it, and would come up with something insulting--and stupid.
mat-ty

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mac wrote:
I knew you couldn't read it, and would come up with something insulting--and stupid.

She completely fumbled moron and has made a complete fool of herself. Spin it all you want, she lied for personal gain and displaced a true minority, and assholes like you defend her. And for some odd reason old Mac doesn't see this as racist...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 571, 572, 573  Next
Page 572 of 573

Jump to: