myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Double Board Bags

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Eastern and Central USA & Canada
View previous topic :: View next topic  
paulch

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 4:29 pm    Post subject: Double Board Bags Reply with quote

I'm thinking of ditching my two board bags and consolidating them into one double bag.

Does anyone have and recommendations? Does this make car-topping more difficult?

I'm looking at this one: http://store.npusa.com/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage_images.tpl&product_id=152&category_id=17&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=1
DanWeiss

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a NP triple from several years ago. It is built fairly well, but mine did not come with wheels. I would never get another triple without wheels. That said, the bag is still in use after about six years of regular travel.

Car topping a multi-board bag always cuts both ways. You only need to lift one thing off, or nothing at all if you slip the top board out and keep the straps hooked around the bars. That works great in windy conditions.

On the other hand, sometimes the board you want is on the bottom, or you want to lift the whole thing off. Windsurfers are a pretty strong bunch, but trying to heft a double bag full of boards, wetsuits and stuff can get pretty unwieldy.

The biggest upside is airline travel when you can cram the bag with your one board, three sails (all rolled together inside the largest sail) a short mast and one boom. It can save on fees and reduce the change of losing a bag that will kill your windsurfing until the bag is found.

I now use only single bags for all other boards as they are so much easier to store and handle. I don't travel via airline to race much anymore, so the triple just sits there taking up an acre of space. It makes a nice nest for my FW board.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Eastern and Central USA & Canada All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: