myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Saturday looking like east winds, Sunday maybe west winds?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada
View previous topic :: View next topic  
andymc4610

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 3:22 pm    Post subject: Saturday looking like east winds, Sunday maybe west winds? Reply with quote

not looking to be nuking but I would guess around 5.0. Water 44 and air 62 no reason not to be sailing.

Sunday maybe west winds?
andymc4610

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

forecast. looks good early.....

eastmetro_640x480.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  55.58 KB
 Viewed:  6882 Time(s)

eastmetro_640x480.jpg

andymc4610

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2 for 2 not bad...maybe I need to start forecasting, to bad mine is mostly gut.
River-Lizard

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

andymc4610 wrote:

I think Temira does just fine. She nailed it both days. Yesterday the wind was early, with morning temps at 32F. By the time it warmed up, the wind was on its way out. Today it was light just like she called for, you said you were on a 110L board at Swell City, that says it all. There were puffs today, but that was it. Its great you have the stoke and want to share, but keep it real... puffy winds that got near single digit lows, with the occasional max gusts of 23 is not going to get a lot of us out on the water. Great that you got out there today and had fun on your big board... but that doesn't mean that others got the forecast wrong. I really appreciate Temira's forecasts, and the fact that she does it at all this time of year, AND for free, is just awesome! Keep up the good work Temira!
andymc4610

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

andymc4610 wrote:
Can you not see this statement was a joke

I wrote this on thursday there was no forecast. (And I am not dogging Temira, iW, TV weatherman, noaa). Just giving my input so others can decide If they want to sail.

On saturday there was no mention of east winds in Temira's forecast or west winds for sunday she was eying Monday. Sunday was all about the timing of the front, rain did not hit PDX till 4 and was weaker system but still not bad. (All weather resources are good, in a thankless and fickle task of forecasting).

So yes, sunday was frontal, which makes for tougher conditions, in cold water especially the guys on smaller boards in the holes. It was windier on OR side, the sensor is on land on WA side.

The swell was good for a lighter air day, at times I wished I was on a smaller wave board.....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: