myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Official forecasts start Mar. 19 Socal Apr. 9 but for now...
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico
View previous topic :: View next topic  
windfind

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 2:12 pm    Post subject: Official forecasts start Mar. 19 Socal Apr. 9 but for now... Reply with quote

Gang,

Sorry for the absence of the promised California forecasts this weekend. Originally we had planned on starting forecasts March 13. I was excited by this earlier forecast start date so I posted that date on the forum. Unfortunately while I was driving back from Baja the company encountered some "back end" problems with the forecast posting system. Worse, due to an ISP problem that developed while I was in Baja I never received the message so I ended up misleading all of you.

At this time the official start date for the regular Bay Area forecast is Friday March 19.

Since I got some of you excited about the forecasts starting I owe you. So I will post unofficial daily forecasts here on the forums until the real forecasts start.

Unofficial forecast: Monday March 15 by Mike Godsey

Today sub to low teen variable winds inside the bay today at all sites with a chance of mid teens near Waddell late.

Monday: (see imagery below) A wintry storm system targeting the Pacific Northwest is passing well to our north today. All we will see are some high clouds from this system which you see in the top and bottom images. However looking carefully at the top image you can see the storm has pushed the North Pacific High and it's counter-clockwise spinning winds away from the California coast. This will leave us with only weak ocean buoy winds and with a weak SFO-SAC pressure gradient it will be hard to exceed the low to mid teens except maybe near the north tower. However near Southern California there is a weak extension of the high that is poised to move towards the Bay Area overnight. There is a chance some of this wind could reach near Waddell late in the day.

Tuesday: The storm mentioned above blasts past the Pacific Northwest overnight allowing the North Pacific High to move towards the California coast Tuesday. In response the winds begin a ramp up and Tuesday should see upper teens at Waddell while Coyote and 3rd. Ave. see gusty mid to weak upper teens. Crissy mid to weak upper teens mostly near shore. Weaker winds elsewhere.

Wednesday winds become stronger as the North Pacific High's surface NW winds continue to ramp up. However a NE component may develop just aloft which would weaken the winds at many sites. Best bet Waddell.

ZZ36E2E50E.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  60.17 KB
 Viewed:  19669 Time(s)

ZZ36E2E50E.jpg

Last edited by windfind on Mon Mar 15, 2010 3:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
muldoon

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hooorayy!!!
pacspeed

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice! Long wet winter nears its end...or does it?
jp5

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey how about socal, we're getting some wind too ya know.
rowan

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 2:53 pm    Post subject: Niiiice Reply with quote

Best news I've heard all year.
windfind

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 3:05 pm    Post subject: Southern California forecasts will start this Saturday Reply with quote

Southern California forecasts will start this Saturday per jpbassking's request. Wink

Mike
iwindsurf.com

NIK_0539.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  98.56 KB
 Viewed:  20503 Time(s)

NIK_0539.jpg

jp5

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 3:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Southern California forecasts will start this Saturday Reply with quote

windfind wrote:
Southern California forecasts will start this Saturday per jpbassking's request. Wink

Mike
iwindsurf.com

YAHOO!
kevinkan

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Mike! We really appreciate your starting your work early this year.
https://www.instagram.com/sunsetsailboards
http://www.facebook.com/sunsetsailboards
sergem

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Mike, you totally rock! We do appreciate the early start!
kirk

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 4:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Bay Area iwindsurf.com forecasts start Saturday, March 13 Reply with quote

windfind wrote:
Hi Gang!
The North Pacific High is already moving northward from it's winter home. This is pretty typical in an El Nino pattern. So in response to this fact and your requests we are gearing up the weatherflow.com human forecasts earlier this season. Mike Godsey
iwindsurf.com

Thanks Mike!
Great pictures too!

http://kirklindstrom.blogspot.com/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: