myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Lake Isabella
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jp5

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is that an "Adventure Pass" I see hanging from your mirror?
coolmtnbiker048

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ClydeZ wrote:
My smallest rig is a 6.5.. it was blowing 18 to 25mph and it worked great till my arms fell off.

Clyde- You need a smaller rig for 25mph, especially if you plan on sailing the Delta which will probably be your summer spot once you get in the harness/footstraps (if you aren't already)?

In case you were interested I have a 5.8 and 5.0 for sale. I go to school 40-minutes away from Folsom, contact me at kernriverboards@gmail.com if you are interested.

Good to see other stoked windsurfers from the area, hope to see you on the water this season!
ClydeZ

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Ya
I look forward to meeting everyone out on the water this season. Coach G I was up at your place Monday slogging around in the shifty N Winds after work. Its still good practice there for me no matter what and easy to get to after work. Coolmtbiker I have seen your posts on MTBR.com for several years now. I like to ride a bit as well but just "old man" style XC like divide loop , slamming balls, china camp and flume trail etc etc.
The pass on my rearview is called a "Poppy Pass" it is a prepaid entry fee into most state parks for around $90 dollars a year. Just driving into a park is $10 dollars so its paying for itself quickly.
I traded a set of handbuilt Velocity/Durace rims to an old school windsurfer friend who was leaving the state to Idaho last year. He was friends with and windsurfed a lot with Dave Kalama and the Maui Crew back in the day and he traded me two carbons masts , a 5.5 meter Sheldon Sail and a Mikes Labs bump and jump board for the wheel set. Once I do get harness, footstraps and water starts sorted out I will have some highwind gear but realize I will need more options. Thanks for the heads up Ill keep you posted if/when Im needing some Sherman gear.

[/URL]
jp5

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another great pic, Tahoe?
mpierce

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 11:17 am    Post subject: Lake Isabella winds Reply with quote

Tuesday was a great day. Way wound up on a 4.7. Water was cold which is why I sailed a bit oversized. Air temp was a balmy 60+. Biggest problem was that I was alone, except for the 1000s of fisherman on the shore. Looks like thursday and friday are promising.
madmax7

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:34 pm    Post subject: Lake Isabella Reply with quote

Hey mpierce,

I think earliest I been there is April and wear a 4/3 with a chest protector to ease the "wind chill".

Now Eva says its not that bad, how long did you stay out once you got wet?

I usually stayed out about 20 to 30 mins and would get in RV and blast heat on me waiting for suit to dry up before going out again.

Max

Ps I dont fall that much and usually try to keep head above water, still a chill if I recall, Prob head up there in April (after fishermen are gone)
coolmtnbiker048

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ClydeZ wrote:
Hi Ya
Coolmtbiker I have seen your posts on MTBR.com for several years now. I like to ride a bit as well but just "old man" style XC like divide loop , slamming balls, china camp and flume trail etc etc.

Hmm i think it must be a different coolmtnbiker... I love to mountain bike although I gotta admit I am not as hardcore about it as I was when I created the account 5 years ago.

Now windsurfing, surfing, and whitewater sports have taken over and I usually just mountain bike in the offseason, for exercise.

See you on the water.
mpierce

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Correction, Monday at Isabella was very good, tuesday was a mountain biking day. Today at Issy was a day for the ages, 4.2 untill it went 3.2. The water is not that cold, I fell once today, but I dropped in a few times to cool off. My guess is that the water temp is high 40s to low 50s similar to the central coast. Air temp today said low 50s, seemed reasonable no hood no glooves. Friday looks good, but the weekend belong to the fishermen.
Briangat

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Windy day huh? Looks like the fishermen will get a break from the wind for the derb. 200k in fishy prizemoney. Bad weekend to be a worm.
coolmtnbiker048

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where are you Sacramento people sailing today? Lake R or Lake F???

Sherman looks like it wont be too good on a SE wind..???
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: