myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Help sponsor a young Mexican windsurfer!!!
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PoorBoyUS22

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 4:26 pm    Post subject: Help sponsor a young Mexican windsurfer!!! Reply with quote

Hello all,

I am trying to raise some money to help sponsor a trip to the Gorge for a young Mexican windsurfer from La Paz. He is an amazing sailor and trains as hard as anyone out there on the water. All he has really seen is the windsurfing in La Ventana. He is trying to get sponsored for windsurfing, and I think this would be an amazing opportunity for him to get his foot in the door.

My idea is to get some money together to buy him a ticket to the Gorge and pay for his food, gas, and living for one month. This should cost around $1,000. It is around $500 for the plane ticket and around $500 for gas, food, and housing. I told him that if I get this going for him, it is not a vacation. He will be sailing every day, training hard, talking with all the industry members in the Gorge, competing in ANY and ALL contests, and really trying to make it happen for himself. Hopefully in that one month, he will be able to make enough connections to get sponsored, as well as more support to persue his windsurfing dream.

All I am asking for is donations of any amount to try and make this happen. Anyone who donates money will be well informed as to where every dime is being spent. I will be opening a seperate bank account for this specific purpose and will be able to send out copies of bank statements to all sponsors.

I am not looking to make any money on this. I just want to give a kid a chance to try and make his dream happen. Let me know if anyone is interested in helping me out with this. I would love to make this happen. Any size donation would help.

Thanks,
Tyson Poor US-22
human_catapult

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've met this guy once and he's super stoked. Very inspirational and hard working out there. I wish him all the success he dreams of.
dperzinski

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Put me down for 30 bucks.
PoorBoyUS22

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 6:04 pm    Post subject: $115 already! Reply with quote

Stoked guys!!! We are already up to $115 dollars with three donations. I just got back from Mexico yesterday and will be opening the account at the bank tomorrow morning. You can email me at tysonpoor@hotmail.com and I will be able to fill you in on everything. Thanks again to the people who have already donated!!! Super super stoked!!!
madmax7

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 6:23 pm    Post subject: mexican windsurfer Reply with quote

Have you look into his passport and visa to enter the USA?

Max
PoorBoyUS22

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Max,

I told him that I would no start doing anything until he showed me that he has a passport and that he can get a visa. He just got a passport and is going tomorrow to get the visa.
PoorBoyUS22

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW!!!!! We are already up to $300 in one day! Thanks to all that are trying to make this happen!
dabull1

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This sounds good! I've emailed Tyson and pledged $50.00 to this effort and would challenge all LA sailors to step up and kick down some bucks. Mexico could use some good vibes from "El Norte" these days. Bull out!
MrFish

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This kid was throwing loops right off the main fishing pier in La Paz the other day-to the cheers of onlookers. Pretty cool.
madmax7

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 1:30 pm    Post subject: mexican wsf Reply with quote

Guys all good, however would be interested on how he manages to get that visa, if it was that easy wouldn't most of mexico be across the border?

Will he need a sponsor or something?

Max
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: