myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico
View previous topic :: View next topic  
faradroka1

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tpierce: glad you are ok, you are one tough boardhead. Glad you got your head sewn up. See you out on the water!
chibichibi

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tpierce, glad you're ok.

In regards to Pt. Emery as a windsurfing launch, I use it often for that purpose. As you know, it's better than the Berkeley Marina or Lordships launch especially on a SW or S wind. And other times it just plain blows later at Pt. Emery from West, I can get there at 6pm and get a session sometimes. It's also the only all sand launch, aside from Alameda, that we have in the East Bay. Sometimes launching down the rocks at Hs Lordships and docks at Berkeley Marina sucks even for windsurfers. We need to share that Pt. Emery beach launch, as well as Ashby beach, we can't just give it to all you kiters now. Rolling Eyes I believe you can also park on the right side of Frontage rd. just north of the Pt. Emery turn out. I've launched and caught kites for you guys on that sand, so let's keep up the good will and good vibes.
shitan

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tpierce,

I can't believe you want to keep point emery for kiters only. What about all dog walkers, joggers, fishermen, pot heads and so on. They take parking spots right? Why don't you just go to the city of Emeryville and try make the whole parking area into " kiting only" and see if you have a case...

As long as i don't need to launch from there i won't bother anyway because of all those kites flying around, but if i need to use the launch site i will use it just like anybody else. Competition for parking is allover, from the grocery store to the sailing spot.

So a kiter (clearly lacking common sens, climbing over slippery rocks hooked in to his kite ) is trying to tell me to go away and don't sail from Emery Point because he needs my parking spot. Something "interesting" about kiters i wanna discover!!!!!
tpierce

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I can't believe you want to keep point emery for kiters only. What about all dog walkers, joggers, fishermen, pot heads and so on.

you're right, it's not just you pesky windsurfers, it's all those other pipple with cars and similarly lame excuses for taking up space on Pt Emery. now that I think about it, the other kiters are often in my way too. could you please use a (just one y' hear?) space for yourself and keep everybody (equally!) out of there until I'm cozy in my favorite spot each afternoon? thank you.

In my WS days Pt Emery was a nice last-chance landing after upwind attempts had failed, but I can't imagine wanting to launch there - the wind is almost always best right at HsLordships; in the occasional S or SE, the piers get pretty good. Yeah, I'm quite sure, the Lordships cove was the best WS launch until these kiters recently started landing hellagonzo 540s in there announced only by their screams.

hey wouldn't it be great if they'd open the length of Pt Emery a bit more, there could be 20 more cars and a lot more wind-friendly launch out at the tip. would that be a plausible fix/consolation for the other disappointingly dysfunctional ramp at Emeryville?

just rambling here instead of picking at scabs, no offense meant to anyone except Hummer drivers. I guess it would be okay you may use my parking space until I'm back. Nomex wetsuit on just in case. tpierce

[/quote]
charlie12

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think i'll start kite launching at hs loRDSHIPS...
then ill dangle there at the put in ...

dropping charlie BomBs
on all you Wa hOos....

besides half of you couldnt make it up there, if you didnt put in there
timwnitram

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not to jump into the fray, but it just sounds like the kiter was asking us (windsurfers) to be considerate and if we have a choice of launches, that we think about our fellow waterfolk and choose to launch at one of the many windsurfer friendly spots since the options for kiters at Berkeley is limited.

Reason people, I think we're all talking about being considerate.
andymc4610

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

timwnitram wrote:
Not to jump into the fray, but it just sounds like the kiter was asking us (windsurfers) to be considerate and if we have a choice of launches, that we think about our fellow waterfolk and choose to launch at one of the many windsurfer friendly spots since the options for kiters at Berkeley is limited.

Reason people, I think we're all talking about being considerate.

I am not singling you out, but saying one group of people should not park at a spot is silly. Parking sideways in a spot or over the line is inconsiderate. First come first serve.

No one is telling the few kiters that launch at the hatch that they are taking up precious WS spots and there is a perfectly good sand bar spit just down the road....well maybe some people.
muldoon

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Re: Windsurfing at Pt Emery.

Really? Straight to the reactionary bs? Did he really say only kiters should park at Pt Emery? Did he mention civilians?

Readers with a basic grasp of the language can figure out that the question was why not launch at the THREE other launches in the immediate vincinity, which kiters can't?

Fuycking retards.
shitan

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

muldoon,

When you hate a sport to the point you don't wanna do it any more, then you would hate all the people are enjoying it.
I see this attitude a lots with ex windsurfers-full time kiters. I don't blame you because "if it was easy it would be called Kiting"

regarding the parking again, it's not the windsurfers fault that kiting has limited access. It's the nature of your sport that is needy, space, beach, a buddy to launch you,a buddy to land, a buddy to get you your board and a windsurfer to donate his parking spot for you
muldoon

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shitan wrote:
muldoon,

When you hate a sport to the point you don't wanna do it any more, then you would hate all the people are enjoying it.
I see this attitude a lots with ex windsurfers-full time kiters. I don't blame you because "if it was easy it would be called Kiting"

regarding the parking again, it's not the windsurfers fault that kiting has limited access. It's the nature of your sport that is needy, space, beach, a buddy to launch you,a buddy to land, a buddy to get you your board and a windsurfer to donate his parking spot for you

I love both, and look forward to renting gear every time I can.

What I reacting to is the hostile BS that passes for a reasoned response.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 7 of 8

Jump to: