myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Tragedy at The Stick today
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico
View previous topic :: View next topic  
devengadula

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 8:24 pm    Post subject: Jacqui Reply with quote

Such sad news... Jacqui is a beautiful spirit and i agree, she has left her body in the surroundings she loved the most...Must have been challenging for Juan... We should definately get together at candlestick to wish Jacqui a good journey through the unknown...
cip19151

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 8:39 pm    Post subject: We will miss Jackie very much Reply with quote

I saw Jackie often enough in Candlestick a few years back. We always gave each other a hug at the end of every tough sailing session. Jackie is one of the most graceful and generous person that I ever know in my life. We will all miss her very much.

Clement
ringe

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll miss my sailing buddy. I see your smile Jacqui.
adeimeen

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 1:44 am    Post subject: I'll miss you Reply with quote

I've sailed Candlestick for 18 years and I've met all sorts of individuals. For the most part, windsurfers are good spirited individuals who've found windsurfing as a way of life. I met Jacqui one season long, long time ago...she was bubbly and a joy to be around. She organized bbqs, shared wine with almost everyone. I was talking to her that day, asking her about the fin on her RRD Freestyle board. Kevin came to talk to her. After a while, I went to de rig my sail. Not 10 minutes had passed and I heard in the water yelling to call "call 911". I saw Juan abandoned his gear and started to swim her back to shore. At my vantage point, I saw 2 rigs floating towards the fishing pier. It was Jacqui...It must have been her first run upwind. I saw them working on her. The ambulance came 10-15 minutes later. I was saddened to see her on the gurney lifeless. Now I'm saddened that she won't be there tomorrow. I'll miss my friend who've been there every season... Aloha. Sad
gwayne

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 3:23 am    Post subject: Goodby old friend Reply with quote

It is very difficult to face the loss of someone so thoughtful and caring and ask why did this happen, with no answers possible. Jacqui was a person who lived life on her terms, pursuing what she loved while never forgetting to show compassion and support to all the people in her life. I feel very fortunate that I was able to meet and be friends with someone who possessed such a fine spirit that burned so bright and pure.

Anyone who has ever met Jacqui cannot help but to be saddened by this great loss to our community. Hopefully, we can learn from the examples she has set and focus on the things that are truly important during our fleeting moments on this earth—To keep who we love and what we love always in our hearts!

Sail on Jacqui!

We all love you.
jayden123

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 12:56 pm    Post subject: Windsurf Accident. Reply with quote

Sadden by the news at this end of the sailing community. Are condolences. Sounds like a fellow windsurfer that i would of loved to known. Sad
chand2

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 2:32 pm    Post subject: Jacqui's Memorial Reply with quote

Jacqui's memorial will be this Saturday morning at Candlestick Park. We will meet at 9:30 am. Location in the park TBA.

There will be a paddle-out to place lei's in the water and scatter a few ashes. If you want to participate in the paddle-out, bring a board with you.

We are creating a book of pictures and stories for the family. If you have any pictures of Jacqui, or any stories to share, please contact Ellen at chand2@earthlink.net.
Thanks.
chibichibi

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 3:26 pm    Post subject: Jacqui Reply with quote

Jacqui was a very cool woman who embodied the spirit of Da Stick and windsurfing. I chatted wtih her a handful of times the last two seasons when discovering how great Candlestick was for reliable sailing. I don't think she sailed anywhere else. I told her how great TI had been since the boat ramp was open but she was quite content with Da Stick. She was the first Stick local who remembered me every time I came back to sail. I was really looking forward to sailing with her this season and chatting about what to rig. Sadly, the first time I saw her this season was when Juan and Pedro were pulling her out of the water. I'll miss you, Jacqui, but think of you always when I sail Da Stick. Peace.
windbetty

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got a chance to sail with Jacqui a lot back when i was learning to jibe and loved sailing at candlestick - and her friendliness was unforgettable. She always had a great big smile on her face and was so stoked to be at the stick. My heart goes out to her kids and family. Very tragic loss for the windsurfing community and for her overall community. We will all miss your smile and grace Jacqui!!
Jane
--
Boardsports School & Shop
Alameda - San Mateo - San Francisco
Voted "Best of the Bay"
http://www.BoardsportsSchool.com
kevinkan

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is one of the only pics I have of Jacqui. She was still in a good mood and smiling even after the wind died and she got stuck downwind and had to come in on the rocks.

She was one of the regulars at Da Stick, and it was strange not seeing her yesterday. Such a nice lady, and it's nice to read all the nice stories about her here.

I remember I dropped a board off to her late last year around Christmas time, and she had a bottle of wine and some caramel corn all wrapped up w/ a bow for me.

jacqui.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  177.14 KB
 Viewed:  18843 Time(s)

jacqui.jpg

https://www.instagram.com/sunsetsailboards
http://www.facebook.com/sunsetsailboards
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: