myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
OES Innegra S

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
OESmaui

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 6:59 pm    Post subject: OES Innegra S Reply with quote

Sick of your new board failing to last!!
OES has been testing a new fiber called ''Innegra'' http://www.innegrity.com/innegra-s.php
This has increased the toughness of our lamination so much that we will be increasing our Warranty for all our CIC Carbon/ Inngra/ Corecell boards to a full 2 years
Innegra S high performance fiber is the lightest fiber available, delivering superior toughness in a composite while reducing weight.

Innegra™ S has unique surface features that give it superior grip, both in fabrics and in composites.

It also contains approximately 7-10% void volume, making it the lightest high performance fiber available.

Here is some more info about ''Innegra'' and a reveiw for one of our test riders

http://www.netcomposites.com/News.asp?5579

Hi Pete,
Here a reveiw of your Innegra board

Tom B

The main problem with many of the production boards out there is the lack of quality control at the overseas factory. Its unfortunate that some of the best shapers out there lose quality when they cannot oversee the construction phase of all their boards. With materials costing what they have lately its easy to see why some boards come over here with nothing but 7 ounce glass on the nose occasionally. Or worse.

OES builds them all by hand. Its a serious pain in the ass as we all know to build multiple boards that way. However, if making sure your boards get people in and out of substantial surf safely is a priority, its the only way to go.

I bought an OES Twin Fin last year. Going up for a back loop at home on the Oregon coast I got stalled out and came down as flat from 15 feet as I ever have. When I landed the pop was that naaasty board snapping pop. Dammit, broke another board.

Actually, the pop, was my mast extension locking pin. I landed so hard and flat I drove the mast down through the pin/collar on the extension and sheared off metal, with carbon. The board was fine.

I must have landed that board flat on back loops 15 more times last summer. Its still bomber. Every time I did that on a production board it was cracked in half across the deck like a cracker.

If durability really is your goal, nothing beats an OES. Plus, the 78 liter twin fin is the most top to bottom surfboard like ride you could imagine, without being a slow pig to punch out.

www.oesaustralia.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: