myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Mother's Day?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Eastern and Central USA & Canada
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ron.c

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 7:15 pm    Post subject: Mother's Day? Reply with quote

WTF – Am I the only one fretting this weekend’s weather report? Being a working class slob with kids, wife and mother, I’ve probably got 1.5 shots at sailing this weekend.

The Matunuk get-together sounds like a good time; weather permitting.

Kinda like religion, I keep on searching the weather reports until I find one that suits me. Harvey Leonard painted the TV screen with a WNW wind. If true, you can cancel out the South Cape spots – for instance Kalmus. My home town beach CC Bay’s Skaket will easily work with anything west. Only problem is a 9am high tide pretty much limits to morning access only. Throw in a little Wife / Mother’s Day commitment and I can see that a sun rise session is gonna be it. I just hope I can hang on with a 4.0.

Last year’s Mother’s Day was great. I’d be honored if others made a rare appearance.

RC

PS: I always like to attach something. My half of the garage is a mess this week. Too much of everything including water time. Saturday – great sunrise flat water paddle on the white & black Pro-Tech ; Monday night – Ripping 5.0 conditions at Skaket on my trusty 19effing yr. old Haut; and Tuesday – An unauthorized surfing noon’r trying out the borrowed Walden followed by a good ½ dozen prone rides on my Robert August.

10_05_05.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  139.41 KB
 Viewed:  15962 Time(s)

10_05_05.jpg

ron.c

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

While I'm on it, don't be afraid to try out the stuff collecting dust in your basement. The Pro-Tech bought to teach friends I thought I had makes a pretty good paddler. I'm all for surfing but playing Huck Finn, totally on my own, at sunrise is pretty cool too.

P Bay 10_05_01.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  189.01 KB
 Viewed:  15953 Time(s)

P Bay 10_05_01.jpg

WaterKook

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 5:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Historically Mothers day is always windy! Laughing
dcharlton

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ron,

Come back to your hometown waters in RI! I'm starting a mother's day tradition starting last year where we do a Dawn Patrol at Pt Judith launching from Wheeler to take advantage of the early bird NWrlies.

We get to have our cake, eat it and be home before the wife and kid's wake up!

DC
Number-nine

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ron:
Did the town every get the Nauset beach cam up and running?
Do you know the link?
Might hit that this afternoon if wind cooperates and fog lifts a bit
ron.c

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm getting itchy w/ the weather. Today might be the day with the bay side opening at 5pm (1/2 tide).

To PK and all - I just got tired of wondering wtf'g thing (camera) is gonna be released to the public. One of my very few friends, who's sailed the pro-tech above and is ache'n to try paddling it, has the video feed all set up and running. He's just waiting for high command's word. I asked not to be trusted with it, as I would have spilled the "beans" and given the code to all! It would be a real sh!t storm if it ended up on iwindsurf, morebeach, paddlezone, etc. before the town's own website.

Thanks for asking, RC
gruneva

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 1:20 pm    Post subject: Picture Reply with quote

very cool, nice picture, you are not alone
Cool
isobars

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 1:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Mother's Day? Reply with quote

ron.c wrote:
WTF – Am I the only one fretting this weekend’s weather report? Being a working class slob with kids, wife and mother, I’ve probably got 1.5 shots at sailing this weekend.

It could be worse. The second-most dedicated sailor I know misses a lot of windy days because he feels compelled to attend all his kids' birthdays ... and they're all in their 40s and scattered over two states.

The most dedicated sailor I know just takes kids, wife, and/or his parents along with him to the beach on special days if they want to go, and celebrates events on calmer days. His kids, about ages 3-7, enjoy quite a few trips to the beach, where they play in a tent 10 feet from the water.

Mike \m/
ron.c

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FYI about the Cape Cod Pleasant Bay Picture taken after the trip.

I paddled straight out to the east to the big island called Strong. Absolutely flat calm and then rippled about 1250’ from shore. The water was flowing like a mad river over a bar as it rushed out to sea. I got close but never touched land as it was about shin deep for the last 300’. I then turned north (picture left) to the small island that you can barely see through the tree limb ends. The little island was home to a few geese that screamed bloody murder when I went a shore. I took the board leash with me and tied it around a tree to facilitate a (Bare dry suit) pit stop. With new energy, I paddled back hard staying a few hundred yards off the bay’s northern edge. About 4 miles in 1:20 hrs (inc. fooling around w/ the stop). After being proud of how fast I paddled, I researched average speeds on line and found out it ain’t that fast. Food for thought if you buy a paddle board, the Walden above which has more rocker for surfing actually felt a little slower.

RC
zeppy

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 10:00 pm    Post subject: tomorrow Reply with quote

Thinking about horseneck tomorrow, where are people sailing? Wind just started kicking in.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Eastern and Central USA & Canada All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: