myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
ProMotion Suits weld themselfs together when hot and wet.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Industry News & Promotions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DanWeiss

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Promotion has given me tremendous service over the years, whether w/in warrantee or outside. Honestly, I had only one warrantee issue with a failed seam and they made a repair without charge.

Promotion will custom tailor a wetsuit to fit your body. I don't know of any other wetsuit brand that goes to that end. And it's important, as fit is everything.

Anyway, why would anyone expect a free replacement outside the warrantee period? We don't expect that with automobiles, or electronics, or refrigerators, why with wetsuits?
parups-dragoy

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 10:47 am    Post subject: Re: ProMotion Suits weld themselfs together when hot and wet. Reply with quote

richp wrote:
Has anybody experienced this issue?

I am the original poster. I have my suit and it sticks. All I want is a refund or a new suit. Simple as that. My first post that said thiefs was a bit harsh and I made it nicer.

Simple simon. I have a defective suit. They admit they had a bad batch, I want my money back. They can have the suit. I have a little boy and I have no time to dry and hang it up.

It is getting hot again in the gorge and I just know it will weld itself together again.
philodog

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2011 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate dissing a local company that is obviously trying their best but I have seen so many fellow sailors` ProMotion wetsuits fall apart over the years that I would never buy one (I do love the wetsuit beanies though). I`ve used O`Neill suits since the 80`s and Excel suits more recently and have never had a warranty issue. They just plain wear out after several years of use and abuse. Sorry, just my 2 cents.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Industry News & Promotions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: