myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
dogs running all over the event site pooping & unleashed
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rationalnational

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I miss the shite squishing up through my toes as I walked my unleashed dog there....
She would lead me to the goose crap, pausing to sample it's unique flavor and then quickly scamper back to the freshest Lab loaf on the lawn. Sniffing it deeply before biting into the cigar like goodness.

oh to be free again
mosierite

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 11:43 am    Post subject: dogs should be 100% under CONTROL, not 100% leashed Reply with quote

I'm a dog owner and a windsurfer. I believe that my dog should be under control at all times. That means either she's tied up, in my car, or I'm supervising her (and picking up her crap). However, off leash play is as necessary for dogs as it is for children. BUT the owner is responsible for supervising the dog during that off leash play and ensuring that the dog doesn't harass other people, or for that matter, dogs.
delwood

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like this thread...

Making me potentially step in your dogs shit is no different than me making you potentially step in mine. I don't think we want to go down that uh....

nevermind
scorpionfish

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That happens everywhere there are dogs. There is always that owner/s who have that 'oh I just looked the other way' or 'I didn't have any bags' or 'Poopsie never poopsies away from home' stupidity. Worse are the ones who don't think anyone sees their dog do it & argues to hell & back that it's somehow YOUR fault. I love my dog & all dogs but watch your animal & be responsible for it please.
scorpionfish

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That happens everywhere there are dogs. There is always that owner/s who have that 'oh I just looked the other way' or 'I didn't have any bags' or 'Poopsie never poopsies away from home' stupidity. Worse are the ones who don't think anyone sees their dog do it & argues to hell & back that it's somehow YOUR fault. I love my dog & all dogs but watch your animal & be responsible for it please.
billgfc

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lots of ranting here, common courtesy goes a long way.
Splatman

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 3:07 pm    Post subject: Dogs Reply with quote

There are bad dogs....you know ones that bite or step on sails/kites. There are BAD owners...you know ones that don't cleanup after their dog. I have a dog, I take my dog sailing, I cleanup after my dog and ummm he is rarely on a leash...sort of touch to throw the ball for him when he is.
windchaser

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bring back Dan the man!
30knotwind

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tstizzle wrote:
dear god. not another anal retentive, carry-disinfectant-lotion-everywhere, "dogs-relieving-themselves-on-the-grass (of all places!)", anti-dog, child-first-and-forever crap...

listen sister, ...

so calm down.

are there bad god parents? yes. are they worse than bad human parents? no.

tstizzle, you are a jack-ass. No one wants to step in dog waste.

I own a dog, I leash my dog, I clean up after my dog, every time. I know because my dog is leashed and I know what it is doing.

After owning a dog for 10 years, I realize now that most fellow dog owners are a step or two below cigarette smokers on the good-neighbor spectrum: both somehow feel 'entitled' to litter the outdoors with their trash, but of course dogs leave fecal matter behind--which is somehow is 'normal' in our society--threaten people and ruin property.

If you own a dog be considerate and act like an adult, even if you are not one in real life.
isobars

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, people whined incessantly when Dan enforced the rules, including loose dogs. Whaddaywant ... anarchy or good management?

Mike \m/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: