myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Reply from ProMotion Wetsuits
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada
View previous topic :: View next topic  
isobars

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bob1 wrote:
my expereince will lead me to try another manufacturer . . .

OTOH, for lurkers in the market for a suit, I've tested scores of suits, from neoprene shorts to dry suits, of well over a dozen brands. I've owned way over 30 such suits. The only time I buy any other brand is if PM doesn't make the item I want or I find a deal elsewhere at 15-20 cents on the dollar for a new suit. Other than not wadding my suits up inside out in a ball and leaving them in the desert sun, I treat my suits like beach towels, including throwing them in the washing machine very often. I've never needed more than routine maintenance for a PM (nicks and cuts take seconds to repair) and have no complaints about their longevity.

Tip: the main reasons I have such success with suits is owning a variety of them and using the cheapos when I can. No way I'm wearing out a high-end $200 shorty or $300 full suit or $900 Goretex when a $35 shorty, $35 full suit, or $50 steamer is warm enough. For example, there's a nearly new (maybe it's been worn), factory clean, 5mm neoprene O'Neil dry suit at 2nd Wind in Hood River for $50. For an XL or XXL guy, it's a steal @ 12 cents on the dollar.

Mike \m/
deryck.w

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Promotion Wetsuits have been my favorite wetsuits for my entire windsurfing career. I race and compete in events year round in both local, national and international competitions for 4 different disciplines of windsurfing, and have 5 other sponsors (not including ProMotion). To this day I still have not found a better wetsuit then the ones ProMotion makes, that are made specifically for windsurfing. Never have I met such a friendly bunch of people then the ProMotion Crew, and never have I found a better service company who do top of the line repairs on any wetsuits regardless of brands. Just because they had one problem with the material (which is not their fault to begin with) should not be a reason at all to doubt the brand. I still highly recommend ProMotion Wetsuits to any windsurfer or kiteboarder or waterman alike.

Jay Watermeyer
USA-45
andymc4610

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

isobars wrote:
RogerBarnaby wrote:
This is BS. Blame the customer. it must be customer's fault for being so unreasonable.

So a customer comes in demanding a full refund for a few small superficial tears he caused by ignoring care instructions a year out of warranty, and a business should comply? Good thing they're not an automobile dealer, and I'd hate to pay the prices they'd have to charge to run a business that way. The customer ain't always right.

Mike \m/

I'd agree with Roger and the original poster, they (PM) knew of the problems and they were far worse for some people and tried to hide it and or belittle it. Man-up and do the right thing, at the very least offer a new suit.
Mulekick84

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Waterman Speaks!!!

Quote:
I still highly recommend ProMotion Wetsuits to any windsurfer or kiteboarder or waterman alike.

Jay Watermeyer
USA-45

AGREED!! People just love to BITCH!!!*

*until they need same day service for suit repair
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: