myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Who supports the Right Wing?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
swchandler

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to say mac, a coherent argument from mat-ty just isn't in the cards. He's only here to piss folks off. Of course, he made that point right up front in his first post, so all his foolish antics since then shouldn't be a big surprise to any of us.
mac

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's the matter mat-ty? Staying up on the porch because you can't argue with the big dogs? You too Isobars and mrgybe. Yeehaa, can't you "fire off" a few rejoinders? Intimidated by a few facts? I have more.

The expiration of the tax cuts for the ultra rich--by Obama's reckoning those over $250,000--would increase their marginal tax rate from 33% to 35%; the top bracket would go from 36% to 39.6%. The rethugs argue that would stop job formation and would just be unfair. Let's do the math. A 2% increase, at an income of $250,000 is $5000. I put that into a scholarship for neighborhood kids every year, and I guarantee you I don't make that much money. Let's see, now that's $96 per week. Maybe that's more than their cappuchino budget? Maybe not. I remember the tax cuts, they gave me enough money to go out to dinner one more time a month. That's going to chase jobs out of this country faster than Republican CEO's are outsourcing them? Get real. This is generational and class wealth, perpetuated by the richest and most selfish Republicans. Lincoln and Eisenhower would quit the Party.
mat-ty

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mac you held off using the race card for 4 days. I am proud of you.

It took us all day to get to NYC, do you know how hard it is to drive with troll feet. What really took so long was we had to stop at every ACORN office on the way. My new buddies told me you libs have an awesome voter registration system. So I am no longer just the Troll, you can also call me mickey , donald, ben and jerry, and my favorite windjunkie jones. And guess what, we did it in three states. And heres the best part, Eric Holder could care less, AWESOME DUDE. And those nice people at the acorn place gave us some cool t- shirts and bumper stickers. My favorite is the one that says," WHY BE EMPLOYED, WHEN YOU CAN BE ENTITLED".
So we get to NYC, to the site of that BEACON OF FREEDOM, they want to build. We picked up a bunch of rocks to give to our new friends, you know , so they can stone those cheating woman, thats a freedom we should all support, don't you think Mac.
Were heading down to DC Next, I saved a few rocks to throw at that Harry Reid dude, can you believe he dissed the O man

Have to go now, I think my Smart Car just fell down the storm drain.

Troll, mickey, donald,
DanWeiss

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mat-ty wrote:
Mac you held off using the race card for 4 days. I am proud of you.

It took us all day to get to NYC, do you know how hard it is to drive with troll feet. What really took so long was we had to stop at every ACORN office on the way. My new buddies told me you libs have an awesome voter registration system. So I am no longer just the Troll, you can also call me mickey , donald, ben and jerry, and my favorite windjunkie jones. And guess what, we did it in three states. And heres the best part, Eric Holder could care less, AWESOME DUDE. And those nice people at the acorn place gave us some cool t- shirts and bumper stickers. My favorite is the one that says," WHY BE EMPLOYED, WHEN YOU CAN BE ENTITLED".
So we get to NYC, to the site of that BEACON OF FREEDOM, they want to build. We picked up a bunch of rocks to give to our new friends, you know , so they can stone those cheating woman, thats a freedom we should all support, don't you think Mac.
Were heading down to DC Next, I saved a few rocks to throw at that Harry Reid dude, can you believe he dissed the O man

Have to go now, I think my Smart Car just fell down the storm drain.

Troll, mickey, donald,

Matt, I do appreciate your humor if not your politics.

I wish to point out that pursuant to the federal Religious Land Use and Institutionalized Persons Act of 2000 (RLUIPA), cities cannot discriminate against houses of worship. RLUIPA mandates that "religious assemblies and institutions" must be treated the same as "non-religious assemblies and institutions" under zoning laws. Therefore, anywhere a city permits a community center, theater, or other facility for non-religious assembly, it must also allow a church or other religious assembly.

This law was passed by Congress in response to the Supreme Court's gutting of the Religious Freedom Restoration Act (RFRA) that itself was passed by Congress to restore the free excercise rights under the First Amendment stripped by the Supreme Court decision of Employment Division vs. Smith.

In a nutshell, the Smith Court decided in a 5-4 decision that laws of general applicability (such as anti-drug laws) did not violate the Free Exercise Clause of the First Amendment. Smith smoked peyote despite his govt. employers prohibition on any use of a controlled substance. He was fired and brought suit, claiming that the law violated his right as a Native American to participate in a legitimate religious practice.

Congress passed RFRA to legislatively restore the test that Court has previsously stated was to be used to determine whether government has or would violoate a person's First Amendment right to freely exercise one's religion.

The Court struck down RFRA in part based on a separation of powers argument. Specifically, the Court said RFRA didn't establish a new law but attempted to control the standard of interpretation of the First Amendment when only the Supreme Court is granted that right.

RLUIPA then established a separate law preventing cities and towns from using zoning laws to discriminate against churches and other religious assemblies. RLUIPA also lists what prison officials may not do when it would prevent prisoners from practicing their religious scruples.

No matter how unpopular a religion or a particular church, etc. may be, government may not ban that institution from building a house of worship.
mac

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mat-ty--still waiting for reasoning rather than hate. And if I need to explain to you how claiming that the cash for clunker program took most of the Obama bumper stickers off the road has racial undertones I will. But you pretty well explained it with your claim of "entitled" labeling the poor--as such. It must just be a coincidence that many of the poor are people of color. Sadly, you don't know much of anything about poverty--except in understanding. And you haven't done the math enough to know that most of the entitlement programs serve the middle class--who aren't really paying enough for those benefits.

Still very sad.
mat-ty

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Driving here,
Actually about 95% of the Obama stickers I see are on beat up subaru's, hybrids, or limos . And the drivers are as white as Nancy Pigoslies face spackle.
Hey Dan, news flash, we know they have the right, just like we know we are a country of immigrants. I bet you support those scumbags that protest at soldiers funerals . You know the ones with the baby killer signs , and fags , and all the other nice things they have to say.
But let me guess , they have the right!
Should be in DC tonight, hope no one saw me sneek this email in.
Ben ,no Jerry
DanWeiss

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mat-ty wrote:
Driving here,
Actually about 95% of the Obama stickers I see are on beat up subaru's, hybrids, or limos . And the drivers are as white as Nancy Pigoslies face spackle.
Hey Dan, news flash, we know they have the right, just like we know we are a country of immigrants. I bet you support those scumbags that protest at soldiers funerals . You know the ones with the baby killer signs , and fags , and all the other nice things they have to say.
But let me guess , they have the right!
Should be in DC tonight, hope no one saw me sneek this email in.
Ben ,no Jerry

Where do I begin?

A conversation about the Islamic Center proposed for NYC is healthy in that society benefits from discussing our nation's religious freedom. Yet most appear to discuss the basis for one's answer to this question, "Should NYC allow the Islamic Center to be built roughly two blocks from the site of the former NYWTC?"

Yet, as you recognize, that issue is not open for debate.

As for the rest of your post, all I can say is, "Seriously?"
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I recently applied for a building permit for a new house. It was going to be 100 ft tall and 400 ft wide with 9 gun turrets at various heights and windows all over the place and a loud outside entertainment sound system.

It would have parking for 200 cars and I was going to paint it snot green with pink trim.

The City Council told me to forget it ... AIN'T GONNA HAPPEN !!!!

So I sent in the application again, but this time I called it a Mosque ... ... ... Work starts on Monday Smile

and if crack barry nobama isn't booted there will be one at 1500 Pennsylvania!
windoggi

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bard and Matt...firm, confident pressure on exactly the wrong key.
mac

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dan—don’t you like it how the conservatives are strict constructionists of the Constitution. Except they don’t seem to like the Bill of Rights, or the 14th amendment. I wonder how they feel about the 13th?

Back to tax cuts. Mat-ty—unless you’re making over a mil a year, you got had. Pantsed. Used. Made a patsy. The average tax cut for families making between $40 and 50,000/year? $1,012. That’s right, $19.50 a week. You can take the family to McDonalds. For those making over a million? $113,000. For those making $200,000 to $500,00? $7173. Source? http://www.factcheck.org/here_we_go_again_bush_exaggerates_tax.html

Now tell me which fairy tale you believe—that this is fair, or that the Republicans have been more careful with the public’s money.

Oh, and by the way, the marginal tax rates when Nixon was President? Top rate was 70%. At the end of the first Reagan term? 50%. You mean to say that the rich have had their tax rates cut by more than 50% And they are balking at giving back 2-3% of that?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 10 of 13

Jump to: