myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Lost and Found at Northwave
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada
View previous topic :: View next topic  
isobans

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Remember, I know everything about everything. No matter what you mention, I will know about it. Are Americans chronically absent-minded? Maybe. But in an age where we have more stuff than ever before, this might be expected. Your mother would tell you to be more mindful. As always, your mother is right. But since you never listen, here are some other solutions you can use. Organizational Solutions- Keep a spare car key in your wallet or office drawer. Keep a spare house key in your glove compartment. Home Depot cuts keys for about $1.80. - Install a couple of key hooks behind your front door to reduce key hunting at home. - Don't immediately begin searching for something you lost. According to Professor Solomon, author of How to Find Lost Objects, "There are no missing objects. Only unsystematic searchers." Once you've calmed down, you are ready to look for an object in order. Among Solomon's 12 principles: first, where it should be, then where you last used it, and lastly, under things. Solomon claims that his informal research shows most missing objects are within an 18 inch radius from their original location. Rules for Danger ZonesAirports/airplanes, hotels, public restrooms and restaurants are the top 4 places stuff gets lost. Airport/Airplane - Make two copies of the first two pages of your passport. Carry one with you in case you lose your passport while on vacation, store one at home. - Security destroys your cell phone if it is not immediately retrieved. While you're going through beep machine, picture your cell phone being hammered to bits. Pick it up before you walk away. - On an airplane, never stow anything in that seat pocket ahead of you - think of those pockets as black holes. They are for airplane magazines only. Hotels -Upon checking in, ask what the hotel's policy is on abandoned items. Write down the name of the person/department to call if you make the dreaded realization after you've returned home.
isobars

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Methinks Brucie has a new spook in his attic.

isobras -oo-
cgoudie1

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll wager that's not Mr. Swift. Note how articulate it is. That's not
something you can fake, and we've never seen anything remotely
articulate in any of Mr. Nether Itch's responses.

Maybe just an adoring fan ;*)

-Craig

isobars wrote:
Methinks Brucie has a new spook in his attic.

isobras -oo-
isobars

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, some of his manifestations are very articulate. Whether that varies with identity or chemicals -- or lack thereof -- I don't know.

Mike
tetiaroaxx-Banne

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 4:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I enjoy the Event site. This is hands down my favorite place to sail! The Event site has locals that hangout. Yeah some old geezers with beer breath, but what I like is the Hero Jibes! I do a Starboard Jibe and I go right back to the beach, and hangout. If I get bored I make myself look bust and I measure the down haul and out haul of my sail so I look so very on top of things. I have met Spenie, and we talked a bit. Thanks Spenie!
tetiaroaxx

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy

Last edited by tetiaroaxx on Thu Apr 17, 2014 3:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
earthsurfer

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another insightful forum discussion.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  6.58 KB
 Viewed:  11734 Time(s)

Another insightful forum discussion.jpg

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: