myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
I windsurf server sucks

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada
View previous topic :: View next topic  
westender

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 11:10 pm    Post subject: I windsurf server sucks Reply with quote

Is it my comcast or does this place have a two bit server. Seems too slow here too often??
katosandog

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We're renting a house in the Gorge and I find all internet access is slow. Even just getting to Google can take a few seconds or more.
Bond1

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

katosandog wrote:
We're renting a house in the Gorge and I find all internet access is slow. Even just getting to Google can take a few seconds or more.

Embarq/Gorgenet DSL sucks. I have it. I hate it. Charter is faster and more reliable (IMO) but also more expensive if you don't bundle. Still, I'm considering going back and paying more after being spoiled by the speed and reliability for several years.

That said, iwindsurf is just plain slow. I've heard talk on the beach indicating that this opinion is shared by many others.
ldhr

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

works great for me via gorgenet wireless. iphone access is pretty fast even by 3G access.
columbia

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 5:19 pm    Post subject: iWindsurf seems fine. Reply with quote

I'm using GorgeNet high-speed - iWindsurf works just fine from what I've experienced. Never had a problem and seems fast.
Gorgekiteboy

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 6:15 pm    Post subject: IWindsurf server Reply with quote

As an industry professional I can tell you that the IWindsurf server / Internet connection is less than adequate. There have been numerous outages this year.

They need to get a solid, high speed connection and run their server on a solid platform. I would be embarresed if I owned the service.

As for Gorgenet don't even go there. Hood River Electric Coop is the best provider in Hood River with Charter Business class Internet being a close 2nd.... as far as reliability is concerned. If speed is your need. Charter is best of them all.
bobgatpdx1

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have found the iW servers to be pretty slow sometimes. This is not related to my internet connection - other sites work fine. I don't think the iW servers are located in the Gorge - more likely in Bay Area or back east.
BobG
isobars

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even when every other website takes less than one second to load, iW fairly often takes 10 to 60 seconds .... or just times out. I may as well just put a yellow sticky beneath the left side of my screen reading "waiting for iWindsurf ..."

Mike \m/
Gorgekiteboy

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 11:15 pm    Post subject: Gorgenet Reply with quote

Just to clarifiy my previous remarks about Internet Access in the Gorge: Charter cable Internet is the fastest, Hood River Electric Coop is the most reliable, and Gorgenet is the largest local ISP that can offer just about every flavor of Internet access available. Also Gorgenet has the longest track record in the Gorge. As a consultant that has worked with them and our mutual clients, I have found their support to be 2nd to none.
westender

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 11:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Gorgenet Reply with quote

That there's some Do Overs. Shocked

All good info.

Thanks to all the replies.

gorgetec wrote:
Just to clarifiy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: