myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Spectator hurt
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico
View previous topic :: View next topic  
izitvindi

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gerritt wrote:

Gerritt A. Rutgers
Attorney at Law, SBN 146337

You will find no competition from me in pounding my chest spewing misapplied legal theories on this forum. I'll let you have that special distinction. I'm happy to come here as a mere mortal, a screaming monkey if you will, however a monkey armed with a good education and sufficient knowledge to be dangerous (shall we say, at the risk of sounding conceited, an "attractive nuisance") to self-righteous, hypocritical A-holes who don't know what the F they are talking about?

Enjoy the 11 knot wind.
swchandler

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh boy! You must be joking right. Talk about keeping things in their place. Seems to me that gregorvass and izitvindi would be best contained in their Malibu place.

Last edited by swchandler on Fri Sep 10, 2010 6:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
wetdog69

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

there seems to be a general stupidity among kiters, especially those idiots like Alex who teach newbies at Waddell. Instead of going to the OBVIOUS safe location (ie. DOWNWIND of everyone) they choose to go upwind. then, when they loose their kite completely as happened a few days ago, it goes through the lineup and tangles with 2 other kites seriously screwing things up. Fortunately no one was seriously hurt but there were at least 4-5 other kites that were close enough to have gotten tangled which could have been really bad. When I tried to talk to Alex his attitude was "Holier than thou". His only comments were how the beginner "did everything wrong". Sorry Alex you should know better than to put the entire crowd at risk. Next time we won't be so friendly to you and your beginner kooks body dragging upwind of the lineup, this stupidity really should be stopped before we see another bad accident.
mac

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just can't ignore folks like gregorvas, who complain about any regulation as evidence of a nanny state--and then turn around and blame the girls father, or brother.

Here's the deal. I've had sails blow away on the beach. It was my fault. My fault. Not the wind, not the dad. Mine. If somebody had been hurt, it would have been my responsibility. Man up or shut up. If you lose any piece of equipment and it hurts someone, you are entirely to blame. Quit trying to rationalize it.
gregorvass

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

swchandler wrote:
Oh boy! You must be joking right. Talk about keeping things in their place. Seems to me that gregorvass and izitvindi would be best contained in their Malibu place.

Yeah, we need special places for special people.
If you are 110% extra super special you get to live in california.
And If you are a prince/ princess ultra special, then there should be a beach just for you............

Here you go swchandler:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YnVdL7qILoU
isobars

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

izitvindi wrote:
a STUPID PARENT with their small child were STANDING ON THE BEACH, RIGHT AT THE SHORELINE, RIGHT IN MY WAY

Anyway, my point is that the PARENT in the incident where the little girl was hurt was quite possibly guilty of CONTRIBUTORY NEGLIGENCE. The question to ask is whether a "reasonable person" would have moved out of the way of an approaching kitesurfer. The answer quite possibly is yes!

You're joking, right? Surely you don't really believe your "right" to endanger the public trumps their RIGHT to stand on a public beach? If we can't control our toys, we have zero right to put the public in their footprint. A reasonable kiter would have dumped his kite totally out of range of the public and swam his ass and kit to shore.

Mike \m/
Georges

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

isobars wrote:
izitvindi wrote:
a STUPID PARENT with their small child were STANDING ON THE BEACH, RIGHT AT THE SHORELINE, RIGHT IN MY WAY

Anyway, my point is that the PARENT in the incident where the little girl was hurt was quite possibly guilty of CONTRIBUTORY NEGLIGENCE. The question to ask is whether a "reasonable person" would have moved out of the way of an approaching kitesurfer. The answer quite possibly is yes!

You're joking, right? Surely you don't really believe your "right" to endanger the public trumps their RIGHT to stand on a public beach? If we can't control our toys, we have zero right to put the public in their footprint. A reasonable kiter would have dumped his kite totally out of range of the public and swam his ass and kit to shore.

Mike \m/

(this is going to hurt ) You are right isobars. Cool
MrFish

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's the parents fault.

The kiters parents.
Georges

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

swchandler wrote:

Or maybe a padded room with 3 meals a day. mr ass needs a good ass kicking . Please come and visit sometime mr ass wipe. Cool
isobars

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

izitvindi wrote:
I got a cut on my face a month ago from a line, while helping someone with their kite. It was very similar in appearance to the little girl's in that photo. (just a little shorter, but just as scabby) The scab was there for about a week then it completely healed, and there is no scar. I'm confident that the little girl will have the same outcome.

"It's OK because her scab will heal"? Are you that sick? If that little girl were mine, the kiter would be scarred for life; it's that F-ing simple. The last clown who did anything like that to my wife on a ski slope >40 years ago will never forget the result, and the sheriff I called on my neighbor for throwing a rock at my wife told me bluntly, "You've got more self-restraint than I do. Next time put him in the hospital, THEN call us. I would."

Yes, Sir.

Mike
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 7 of 9

Jump to: