myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Spectator hurt
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Georges

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

isobars wrote:
izitvindi wrote:
I got a cut on my face a month ago from a line, while helping someone with their kite. It was very similar in appearance to the little girl's in that photo. (just a little shorter, but just as scabby) The scab was there for about a week then it completely healed, and there is no scar. I'm confident that the little girl will have the same outcome.

"It's OK because her scab will heal"? Are you that sick? If that little girl were mine, the kiter would be scarred for life; it's that F-ing simple. The last clown who did anything like that to my wife on a ski slope >40 years ago will never forget the result, and the sheriff I called on my neighbor for throwing a rock at my wife told me bluntly, "You've got more self-restraint than I do. Next time put him in the hospital, THEN call us. I would."

Yes, Sir.

Mike

you should have stoped while you where ahead iso. Please do not expect us to believe you had nuts at some time in your life it f s up the whole story! (but you had me going for a minute) nice to hear from you though. Cool
rpaillon

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 9:18 pm    Post subject: Gregorvass, izitvindi et al Reply with quote

With knuckle heads like the subjects kiting it is obvious that kite surfing cannot police itself. People like these don't comprehend the concept of responsibility. Blaming the parents of the girl is totally lame. Most teenagers carry on their lives without constant parental supervision. The victim could just as well have been an adult or a toddler. The danger of kites is not self evident. Most people assume that kiters have as much control of their kite as a driver has of his car. But comprehending what I just said involves reason, something totally lacking in Gregorvass et al.

A post on another kitesurfing site indicated the girl's wounds involved severe bleeding and stitches but the severity of the injury is not really the issue. It would be nice if everyone in the sport were responsible but given the range of kiters, which includes teenagers and brain damaged adults, that is way too much to expect. Because of a small number of irresponsible kiters it is probably only a matter of time before strict regulation of kitesurfing is legislated. If it is not banned outright, licensing or certification of kite operators is a real possibility. We have lots of laws aimed at protecting people from their own negligence--think motorcycle helmet laws and PADI certification of SCUBA users. Kite surfing is not only a danger to the kiter but also any of the public that come into contact with kiters. To avoid a total ban it would behove kitesurfers to take control of the issue and propose laws that would safeguard the public and their sport. Who's willing to take the lead on that?
gregorvass

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 9:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Gregorvass, izitvindi et al Reply with quote

rpaillon wrote:
With knuckle heads like the subjects kiting it is obvious that kite surfing cannot police itself. People like these don't comprehend the concept of responsibility. Blaming the parents of the girl is totally lame. Most teenagers carry on their lives without constant parental supervision. The victim could just as well have been an adult or a toddler. The danger of kites is not self evident. Most people assume that kiters have as much control of their kite as a driver has of his car. But comprehending what I just said involves reason, something totally lacking in Gregorvass et al.

A post on another kitesurfing site indicated the girl's wounds involved severe bleeding and stitches but the severity of the injury is not really the issue. It would be nice if everyone in the sport were responsible but given the range of kiters, which includes teenagers and brain damaged adults, that is way too much to expect. Because of a small number of irresponsible kiters it is probably only a matter of time before strict regulation of kitesurfing is legislated. If it is not banned outright, licensing or certification of kite operators is a real possibility. We have lots of laws aimed at protecting people from their own negligence--think motorcycle helmet laws and PADI certification of SCUBA users. Kite surfing is not only a danger to the kiter but also any of the public that come into contact with kiters. To avoid a total ban it would behove kitesurfers to take control of the issue and propose laws that would safeguard the public and their sport. Who's willing to take the lead on that?

WOW Profound.

What the fuck do you know about kiting?
I have been windsurfing since 1981 and kiting since 1999.
As a Kiter: Shit happens, stop blaming everybody.
Stop being such a bunch of PUSSIES.

This what real tragedy looks like:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IuKP-rNyiOQ&feature=related

P.S.
I am truly sorry for the kid. Everybody else is at fault. This happened in your neck of the woods, not ours. You + all need to be responsible.

Last edited by gregorvass on Fri Sep 10, 2010 10:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
gregorvass

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

P.S.

worst-sport-environment-soccer2.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  67.07 KB
 Viewed:  15915 Time(s)

worst-sport-environment-soccer2.jpg

wetdog69

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

there seems to be a general stupidity among kiters, especially those idiots like Alex who teach newbies at Waddell. Instead of going to the OBVIOUS safe location (ie. DOWNWIND of everyone) they choose to go upwind. then, when they loose their kite completely as happened a few days ago, it goes through the lineup and tangles with 2 other kites seriously screwing things up. Fortunately no one was seriously hurt but there were at least 4-5 other kites that were close enough to have gotten tangled which could have been really bad. When I tried to talk to Alex his attitude was "Holier than thou". His only comments were how the beginner "did everything wrong". Sorry Alex you should know better than to put the entire crowd at risk. Next time we won't be so friendly to you and your beginner kooks body dragging upwind of the lineup, this stupidity really should be stopped before we see another bad accident.
Georges

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr ass you are with out question the biggest moron I have ever come across on this forum. Please return the IQ points you have stolen from those unfortunate enough to have read your post. Cool
higgybaby

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All the normal iWindsurf banter aside, only a completely worthless and soul-less mother-fucker could post a picture of an injured kid on the internet and then have some some fun with it in a mocking fashion. It makes me fucking sick.

-mike
jimyjak

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

higgybaby wrote:
All the normal iWindsurf banter aside, only a completely worthless and soul-less mother-fucker could post a picture of an injured kid on the internet and then have some some fun with it in a mocking fashion. It makes me fucking sick.

-mike

I agree. The guy is a total dick-head!

He has nothing to offer this forum.

I think he should get "plonked" buy everyone who feels this way. Then he can spew his worthless drivel to his small circle of friends (if you can call them that) and we won't be annoyed buy his presence.

So wadaya say folks.....let's do a mass plonking of gregorvASS Exclamation

I'd be the first to do it but I have a slight problem as I'm sure many wanabe gregorvASS plonkers have......I don't know how to plonk Embarassed

So if we could get some instructions from someone in the know it would help out a great deal.

We need to shut this a-hole up. Cool Laughing Razz
pirireis

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a couple of ways to resolve this. Alemada should be closed to kiting pronto after this incident. Followed by Crissy.
This will result in the existing kiters to overcrowding 3rd avenue and Ocean Beach. Some will sadly die at Ocean Beach, some will have accidents at 3rd Avenue.

After these accidents and deaths, the kiters will take matters into their own hands. You will see the same enforcement that goes on Surfing, but probably more violent given the Alpha personality of a lot of kiters.

As a result of attrition, the remaining kiters will be super friendly and super careful. It has to happen sooner or later. The fact is that there are too many kiters for the available beaches and given the square footage each kiter needs it is not possible to house them all. Some have to have accidents, and some have to be forced out of the sport.

Sad but true ...
socalkiters

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Old. Tired. Thread.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 8 of 9

Jump to: